Reference for HND 1 | Teen Ink

Reference for HND 1

By Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia
Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia

"Nothing is ever easy"- Zeddicus Zul Zorander, copied by Richard Rahl

Vampyre powers are many and varied. They are not the only supernatural beings by any means, but they all have certain similar characteristics. All Vampyres can mesmerize someone, although the strength of the compulsion varies with age, strength and practice.

They are all also faster and stronger than normal humans. They do not cry. Their blood is powerful and healing. Each person has some special power, and if they were some other supernatural before Changing, they are likely to retain those powers at greater strengths. They can go out in the sun, but it is not comfortable and they are also weaker in daylight.

Vampyres are not the only supernatural beings by any means. There are also witches, werewolves, shifters, fey, and crossbreeds. Julia was a witch before Changing. She was not told of this because her mother rejected her heritage and banished it from her memories.

Witches are humans who use more of their brain space than normal humans. They are psychic, and able to do great things with the aid of herbs and spells. They are likely to live slightly longer and healthier lives than normal humans.

Werewolves are humans who have a wolf side. The Change is brought on by a very deep bite to a pulse point. They are slightly stronger and faster than humans is their natural shape. When they take wolf form, they are larger than normal wolves, stronger, faster, and hardier than wolves. The wolf lives in them, separate from the human. They do not have much magic, unless they are crossbreeds between species.

Shifters are similar to werewolves, except that they become other animals. The Change is also passed differently. Blood must be shared. They also are unlikely to have much extra magic.

Fey are fairies, elves, and things of that sort. They do not pass changes on. They fey are hot tempered and capricious. They have a lot of magic, the amount depending on the type. Some types are nicer or more hostile than others. More reference pages may be coming soon.

This is a reference for those of you who get lost while reading Hate Never Dies. More might be coming soon