The Guardian Wakes | Teen Ink

The Guardian Wakes

June 5, 2011
By CrowOfRuination PLATINUM, Lawrence, Kansas
CrowOfRuination PLATINUM, Lawrence, Kansas
38 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. -Wayne Dyer
Leading those who have followed a greater leader without knowing what it is you are doing is the same as wielding a sword against a master of weapons. -Kreepy


A massive creature stirred within the corner of the tavern at the sound of a gun being fired. Its breathing changed as it woke, eyes of crimson black opening to glare upon those who had caused such a noise to wake the beast. Rising from the ground, the creature stalked out of the darkness to reveal itself. Holding dinosouric features from nose tip to tail tip, the beast's skin rippled with tension, a colour darker than the midnight sky. As it turned its head to gaze about the others in the tavern there appeared to be three pairs of horns upon his head. The first started on the top, curving ever so slightly down towards his back and stopping at the length of his shoulder blades. The second pair were a bit shorter and held a sharper angel to them while the third were the shortest of them all, holding a much sharper angle that curved them towards the beast's face much like that of a mountain goat's horns. A slim yet muscular tail thumped the floor with irritation at having been woken from its sleep-something it rarely ever did. Wicked talons dug into the wood of the floor putting splinters into the fine grains as he flared his nostrils, glaring at the man with such unfathomable hatred and uncomprehending insanity that rolled off the creature in waves, suffocating the air.