Abduction or Insanity? vol. 1 | Teen Ink

Abduction or Insanity? vol. 1

December 22, 2012
By ZephyrPunk PLATINUM, Richmond, Ohio
ZephyrPunk PLATINUM, Richmond, Ohio
27 articles 10 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The color yellow does not belong in this universe." - me
"Neninem pecunia divitem fecit " - Seneca


I walked aimlessly through the cold, winter night. I paused now and then to examine particularly alluring Christmas lights shining on a porch. I had wanted outdoor lights this year, but my porch outlet was broken. I sighed as I began walking again. I did not really want to go home. I enjoy walking through the pleasant cold of a starry winter night. But it was Christmas Eve, and my brothers would kill me if I was too late because mother insisted upon waiting for everyone before they could eat. I've never really liked Christmas dinner, so I don't see what the big deal is. I was almost home, passing the Walmart distribution center, when I noticed strange lights coming from the woods. I wasn't really all tat surprised since everyone in Ricvona knows that the Walmart distribution center is really a government base (or at least that is the gossip around town). My curiosity getting the better of me, as it always does, I walked cautiously into the woods. I looked around, wondering if it had been my imagination. All of a sudden, a bright flash filled the woods, blinding me for what seemed like an eternity. When I could finally see I realized that I had fallen to the ground. I got up and brushed the dirt off of my clothes. Irritated that my clothes had gotten dirty, I tried to kick a tree. What I didn't realize is that I was still dizzy. I fell down again, getting even more dirty. sighing, I got up and looked for the source of the light. Seeing nothing, I decided to go home.

I always freak out when something happens to my clothes. You see, if I'm going to have to put up with the fact that I'm a pathetic loser, I like to at least say that I'm pretty well dressed. I usually wear black jeans with black lace covering a black or purple cameo. My ears are pierced to the max, and I have many studded chokers and bracelets. I sometimes add a chain or two, and I always wear my black leather boots. I have a few tats, one of a purple heart with black wings with a banner that says
Love - Peace - Freedom on my right forearm, and a tribal sleeve on my left arm. I always look my best.

When I got home, I was greeted with "Why did it take you so long?" and "Where have you been young lady?" confused, I looked at the clock. It was 7:03 pm, half an hour after I should have been back. But that couldn't have been right. I had been expecting to be a little late, I wasn't really walking very fast. But I shouldn't have been a half an hour late. "How long was I in the woods?" I thought as my mother asked what happened to my clothes. "I fell" I answered flatly. I went upstairs to change, not wanting to look like a slob for Christmas dinner. After slipping on my favorite MxPx tank, I hurried down the stairs and sat at the table.

I didn't eat much, I never do on Christmas Eve. I just don't like ham I guess. After dinner, we all got to open one present each. I don't really understand why the boys get so excited - we always just open the pajamas. It's my mother's evil plot to get us to all look nice in the morning for pictures. Whatever, I don't ever wear pajamas anyway, so I don't see why she wastes money on mine every year.


The author's comments:
I will most likely continue this, but I got tired so...