A malicious existense | Teen Ink

A malicious existense

By Zarek BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
Zarek BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

The world I live in is full with people with extraordinary abilities; well at least I think so. This all started when the government tried to crate a superhuman then some idiot went and put it in the drinking water. Then since they could not get it out since it became a part of the water itself, they decided to make a division to handle us. The government thinks of us as a threat to society they go as far as putting chips in our brains to alert them when someone with abilities surface. They then immediately separate any man woman or child completely from society and taken to a secret facility where they force you to fight or they starve you. They even made it televised so they can get funds for their organization. No one has ever escaped their prisons and if anyone one even tries, they make you face a mob of other prisoners to be pardon for the defiance. It is a cruel world but without them, we will probably be in complete beautiful chaos. Now enough of about the history lets talk about how I got here.

I used to live in New Orleans then a week ago, I touched my microwave and it turned into a pile of goop. I can still hear my mom screaming with a weak voice she started stammering, “ What are we going to do this is my entire fault” then she turned to me, “ this is your fault I can’t believe you did this to us-” she was cut off by noise outside. The house was surrounded military offices when one of them r spoke through a megaphone, “Come outside or we will put you to sleep.” I slowly walked out of the house with my hands out an officer came out from behind and injected me with something. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor hallucinating.

I woke up in a room with no light strapped against the walls when a man walked in through the door. He sat down then introduced himself “Hello I’m Dr. Michaels from what we found out from your body scans you have the power to control produce and absorb radiation. It’s quite dangerous since you could go off likes and an atomic bomb at any moment so any questions?” asked, “Will I be able to visit my family? With a more sympathetic look he answered, “You won’t be able to and even if you could they have decided to never even think of you seeing as they think of you as one of them anymore.” I proceeded to ask, “Where am I going?” You will be going to area 13 in Russia since if you go off no one will be around for miles and there is plenty of radiation there already. When you arrive, you will have someone to train you for the arena. When I leave them release gas and you’ll wake up in your new home.” He slowly walked out and like clockwork, the gas released as soon as he closed the door.

I awoke to find a strange person with black hair with red streaks hovering around me wearing a blue jumpsuit. In a slow tired voice he spoke, “I’m Sin, your trainer now hurry up I hate doing orientation,” I rushed and followed him out of my cell. He started to point out random places as we walked when we stopped at a machine he quickly explained, “This is where you chose your name for the fights. It could be anything but your original name or a name already entered.” I just entered Bane since I was sure no one else had it. Sin then interrupted my thought “O forgot to say I am also your trainer lets get the gym, so how much control do you have?” “Haven’t tried using it since they caught me.” “Then first you’ll have to try releasing it then we’ll try actually using it in a fight.” we went into a room filled with guards hovering from above on catwalks ready to stop anything. The gym had simulations rooms, gravity control rooms, and a room perfect for me a room to practice whatever since it was as fortified as the whole facility. Sin interrupted my gaze” Close your mouth you’re drooling now get in there and manifest what you can do” When I got in I unleashed everything when it started to melt the walls was when they released the foam to pet me out.” Therefore, we thought it would better if we tried smaller things like aiming at targets trying different radiations mostly different levels of melting also mixing them trying to get them stronger and faster. When the day finally ended, I was deadly and like many other I tried to escape but foolishly failed. I never made it out my cell as soon as I broke the lock I was surrounded by guards with guns and switches that could shock me apparently found that out the hard way. I was reacquainted with my old friend the floor and passed out. I woke up again on a wall. Someone walked in he spoke in a deep commanding tone with a southern accent, “Boy you tried to escape so were going to put you in something new .You’ll be hunted by 12 others like yourself you ether kill or be killed you have a minute head start before they come after you am I clear.” “Crystal, sir.” Now were back at the beginning so how do you think my chances are because I am sure I am dead. A speaker came on, “Prisoner get into the chamber you’ll be transported in ten seconds”

I arrived in a dense forest and decided if I am going to die, I am talking someone them with me. Some when the buzzer went off I found a stray that went off by himself and melted his brain took out his heart and ate it since who knows how long I will be here. I became what they thought of me an animal. I found two groups of five and blew them up one left I could actually survive this. Then someone slammed against me it was someone I knew Sin this would be tough since he knew my extent and I knew nothing about him. I learned why he called himself Sin; he grew twisted horns, bony wings, and sickly green arms with claws he was the manifestation of sin a demon. He got close since he knew when I set an explosion I was not free of the backlash. He tore up my gut, broke my legs, and stabbed my back I was going to die. In that moment I realized I could go out in my own terms or Sin’s well I did like being in control so I did what they trained me not to do I blew my self up as soon as Sin ripped my spine out, well it is a good day to die.