The Thief of the Medicines | Teen Ink

The Thief of the Medicines

January 15, 2014
By Jag_Samurott BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Jag_Samurott BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In the year 2087, there isn’t much things different, there are still normal cars, there are no time machines (and never will be), there are no teleporters and everything you’d expect to be invented by then. That is only true because everyone is focused on a killer disease called Cergance. Cergance is a disease like cancer but WAY worse, and only two people in the small resolute desert town called Drameli. Phil, a doctor, and Grace, a nurse, have discovered and can make a vaccine for this disease. However, someone has been stealing all the medicine and many patients have gone home empty handed. And that’s exactly what happened when his next patient arrived.

“What do you mean it’s not there?” said Phil. “it’s gone!” replied Grace “someone stole them again, last night!” “Oh, come on!” Phil turned to the patient “I’m sorry, but someone stole the entire supply of the antidotes. We can’t help you right now, but take these.” Phil said, giving the patient a bottle of pills. Crossed, the patient left, muttering something not too positive. “Get the detective, Grace” Phil commanded “he must catch the thief.” “Right away” replied Grace, “but a little please and thank you would make me more enthusiastic.”

A few minutes later Grace returned with detective Robert with his usual magnifying glass and a Sherlock Holmes suit. “Do you have any clues Robert?” asked Phil. “Yes, I do” replied Robert. “I found a fingerprint, and all I need to do is analyze it and we got our crook!” “Great, now I can save lives again. Now go analyze that fingerprint.” Said Phil, shooing him off. “I’ll probably have it by tomorrow!” Robert said as he left, and that left Phil and Grace “in the meantime let’s make some more of that medicine and I’ll also put up a security camera” Grace said “agreed” replied Phil, and they went into the back room.

The next day they find the medicine is stolen once again “seriously?” said Phil, “who would steal medicines so sick people can’t get well?” “FRANK WOULD!” yelled Robert coming in with some documents. “I scanned the fingerprints and all the other clues I found and all signs pointed Frank” “that makes sense.” said Grace “He’s the only other doctor in this town; he probably stole them to have people come to HIS clinic.” “Yes, now we know, Frank did it, now let’s arrest him!” Robert said, as in if a hurry. Grace called the police and they were on Frank like jelly on toast. “Wait!” protested Frank, “those vials were placed by the REAL thief! Honest! No! I’m a law-abiding man! Please! I have to keep a perfect non-criminal record!” the police put him in their car and then the police drove Frank down to the police station. “Well that’s that!” said Robert happily, “Oh, and I would like my pay now” “why certainly” Phil replied, handing him a wad. “Thank you for helping us in solving this case we wouldn’t be able to save those patients from Cergance if it wasn’t for you.” Said Grace, “You’re very welcome” said Robert walking off to his office flipping his new wad of cash like a flip book.

The next day Phil announced that the thief was caught and he can cure the patients he had to put on hold. Phil felt good saving all those souls once again without any more thieving. When his last patient left, Grace came in holding a tape. “Hey Phil” she said “yeah?” replied Phil “I think you should watch this” Grace Put in the tape to a DVR and turned on the TV. The taped showed Robert inspecting the place looking around and taking the medicines. “IT WAS ROBERT?!” yelled Phil, “call the police, we’re going to stop by the detectives office”

Later, the police arrived at Robert’s office and when they busted in, Robert was reading a book with his feet up on the front desk. He obviously wasn’t expecting this, because he fell off his chair. The police eventually got Robert to tell them where he was hiding all the medicine “why did you do all of this?” asked Phil. Robert replied, “to sell these medicines for WAY more than you do, I got so much money it was unbelievable” then, he frowned, “I can’t believe you caught me after I framed Frank, I mean, I thought of everything!” “We put in a security camera” said Grace, “maybe you shouldn’t have stolen the medicines again last night” once she finished that sentence, Robert was arrested and Frank was freed (after the entire police squad apologized for the inconvenience) Phil and Grace apologized, and to made it up for him by offering him to work with them in their clinic. Frank accepted, and now Phil, Grace, and their new member Frank, continued to get rid of Cergance and eventually, Drameli never had a never had another Cergance patient ever again.


The author's comments:
the picture was the best i could find. sorry.