The Vagabond Chapter 1: Fish | Teen Ink

The Vagabond Chapter 1: Fish

April 6, 2014
By uncomfortableBrunette SILVER, Lr. Sackville, Other
uncomfortableBrunette SILVER, Lr. Sackville, Other
5 articles 13 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
I want to hate you half as much as i hate myself


It tingled. Everywhere it tingled. It hurt at first, but it was a good hurt. A familiar hurt. I could feel my body changing, rearranging itself. My face being pulled and stretched. Hair growing longer and thicker. Then came the light. It engulfed me like flames, swallowed me whole like a giant white mouth. I shook my foggy head and rubbed my eyes. The light was gone, replaced by a futuristic city buzzing with people.


I blinked and rubbed my stinging eyes. My least favorite part, the new eyes. Hurt like crazy for the first five to ten minutes. I slowly slid my hands down my face.
“Shave,” I thought aloud. “I need to shave. I don't own a razor thoulp!” I gulped through the last word, getting used to my new mouth and voice. I twitched as I felt my chin. “A butt chin. Again.” I sighed. I looked down at my arms and legs to make sure they were attached properly. The white lab coat that I wore used to be down to my knees. Now it was around my ankles and my supposed skinny jeans were sagging loosely below my waist. “Great. Shorter and thinner,” I grumbled as I tightened my belt and rolled up my pant legs. I ran my fingers through my hair. It was long, the ends curling around my neck. My stomach growled loudly. I felt the blood rush from my face. I dashed down the nearest street that I could find, trying to escape the busy city. I stopped to catch my breath against an old broken stop sign and slowly slid to the ground. “I'm gonna hurl. I knew I shouldn’t have eaten all of that fish before I left! New stomach.” I babbled, putting my head between my knees. I heaved. I gasped for breath, smelly vomit dribbling from my lips. I heaved again, throwing up all the fish that wouldn’t fit inside my new body.
“Are you okay?” I looked up and saw a pretty young women with light brown hair staring at me.
Looking up at the pretty brunette, I grinned sloppily. “Time travel. Always does this.” She frowned at me disapprovingly. “ By the way, what year is it? I think I set it for 2014, but I was in such a hurry I might have got the date wrong.”
“Would you like me to take you to a hospital or something?”
I shook my head. “No. This should all blow over soon. I just need to get out all the stuff that wont fit inside. Do you have any clothes I could borrow though? Oh! And a razor?”


The author's comments:
This is the first chapter of a novel that I'm writing. I hope you like it, and sorry if the first chapter doesn't make a lot of sense. It will all be explained in chapter two and three. Please comment and tell me wht you like/dislike about it and why!