MARS IS THE NEW EARTH | Teen Ink

MARS IS THE NEW EARTH

By Juan Rodriguez BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida
Juan Rodriguez BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida

MARS IS THE NEW EARTH

It was a crazy trip. The world almost came to an end as we crash-landed on Mars. The Martians had invaded Earth and wanted to take it for their own possession. Our leaders had chosen families out of the crowd to fight. You might be wondering, "What happened to the military?" The Martians brainwashed them. It had been two days into Summer Vacation and I had no idea that something like this was coming.

My parents were going to take me to a basketball camp. We pulled up at Florida Institute of Technology and started to get out of the car. We could've missed it. The object sky-rocketed past our car and softly landed next to the Clemente Center door. We immediately got out of the car and naturally went to explore. Four silhouettes walked down a ramp in a blinding light. They appeared to be carrying guns and had big heads with tiny bodies. Their bones looked fragile, kind of like gelatin. That was the last I saw.

I woke up on a bed. At least, it resembled a bed. It was made out of metal. I tried to sit up but I was strapped into the bed. My neck, my wrists, my ankles, all body parts that wouldn't allow me to move much. I was strapped into something that looked to be made out of plastic. Someone groaned. I turned my head as much as the cuff on my neck would allow me and saw my mom and dad. They too appeared to be secured into their bed structures. they tried to pronounce my name but sounded woozy.

I saw a door closing and caught a glimpse of Earth. It seemed that we had just been abducted my aliens. I looked around the ship and saw all the four bodies at what seemed to be a computer. One of them turned around and I was able to study their appearance. It had a slim body with oval eyes and each about the size of a basketball. He came towards me and just stared at me without blinking. I looked at his fingers and they looked like knives but I didn't want to find out how they felt.He lifted his arm as if to cut me open but I managed to squirm out of it and he only cut my shirt. He looked unsatisfied and tried again, this time going for my face. I spit on his eyes and he skimmed my neck. He didn't cut my neck though, he hit the bar holding me down and cut it open. He fell on top of me as if he was knocked out so I maneuvered his body so he would cut my hands and feet free. I pushed him off of me but there was no time to celebrate. I had to cut my parents loose and did successfully. I looked at the other three aliens and they were still concentrated on their computer. My dad made a signal to sneak up and poke their eyes.

My mother counted to three and we all jumped. I made sure I dug my fingers into the alien's eyes. We all let go and mall the aliens fell in pain. My mother suggested that the computer machine might be the control panel. I smashed all the buttons but nothing happened.

"Destination: Mars. Expected time: T- 5 seconds." said the machine. " Crash! Boom!" We crash- landed on the Martian surface. Strangely, our ship was still intact just like us. We exited the ship and studied the place. There were tons of ships that crash- landed like we did. People were looking at us and celebrating. That's right! People! The president walked over and congratulated us on getting there. He said that all of us had been abducted by aliens but took over the ships. He also said that everyone threw them overboard and there weren't any Martians left on the planet. I looked at Earth and wondered if we were ever going to get back. That was a question for the future though as Mars would become my new home for a while. This vacation might be a long one for now, I'll just enjoy my Earth getaway...

Twisted Travel Tale. Humans got abducted by Martians but were able to overcome it. Read on!