the little birdey | Teen Ink

the little birdey

October 6, 2014
By thestorytell23 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
thestorytell23 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The little bird, all fragile and frail, or so his mother thought. But, he was yet just a young birdey. One day he said, feeling very discouraged, “Mom, when can I leave the nest?”  Mother said aggravatedly, “You are too young to leave the nest.”
“But” he said hesitantly “all of the other little birds have already left the nest.”
“Yeah, but I will let you leave the nest when I think you are ready.” said mamma.
“Fine then’’ he said full of rage. He flapped away very angrily. His mom said “come back” But, he did not. After a long time of flying, he grew tired and decided to find food. And then he came back and than his mother said he is grounded he said “What? No, I am not”
She said “Yes you are ”
He went to his room and yelled out “I'm not a little bird like I used to be”.
One day, he decided to leave the nest for good. He has never returned. The only thing the mother regrets is saying that he was a bad son and treating him like a little kid . After he disappeared he regretted for not listening to his mother. To this very day, no one knows where the little bird is.