Take her out back and finsh her | Teen Ink

Take her out back and finsh her

I woke up. A bed.  A pillow; but, instead of a pillow, my left cheek is against something hard, rough, and gritty. My mouth taste like old pennies, blood. My eyes still closed, I gently touched my teeth and one felt loose. The inside of my mouth is cut up. I tried to get up but my legs were too weak. I could feel my heart beat in my fingertips. I didn’t know where or who I was.

I heard two men talking. “Take her out back and finish her off,” one of the men said. “It’s too late. No one is coming.”

He took me to a cabin, dragging me to the first tree he came to. I didn’t know what I was doing until suddenly, my right elbow drove back and hit him in the ribs. I spun around to face him. Leaving his throat unprotected, I drove my knuckles into his throat as hard as I could. He fell to the ground and became silent.  I tapped him with my foot. He didn’t move. He had on his waist. I grabbed it and took off running towards the cabin.

I followed a set of tracks in the muddy puddles. Then, suddenly, ahead was a road. There were no street signs what-so-ever, nothing to tell me where to go. As I got about two miles down the road I saw head lights in front of me. I wanted to hide because I didn’t know who it could be, but as they got closer to me they came to a stop.
“Do you need a ride?” The man inside the car asked.

I hesitated, then answered, “Yes, please.”

“Where do you need to go?”

“To the police station please,” I say getting into the car.

When we pulled to a stop, I see the cabin. “Did you think you were getting away that easy?” he said.

He grabbed me by the hair and dragged me out of the car. I grabbed the gun i had in the belt of my waist and held it up to his head. “You move, and I’ll kill you,” I said.

He tried to get the gun out of my hands and the next thing I know, BAM he fell. I saw him take his last breath. I kept saying inside my head, “Finally, I am safe.”

Now all I have to do is find my way home. I saw a sign that said, “Portland, Oregon 90 miles.”  It will take about three hours to get home. While I was driving, I had a bad feeling something else was going to happen. All I could think about was, “Keep one step ahead of the killers but, above all, stay alive.”