The Pomegranates of Kandahar | Teen Ink

The Pomegranates of Kandahar

February 8, 2015
By ZoeMalik SILVER, London, Other
ZoeMalik SILVER, London, Other
6 articles 1 photo 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don’t just get started. Keep going.


Soldiers are dying and the blast wave spurt out shrapnel.  The shooting coupled with scattered explosions are deafening. The sight is horrific with only piercing flesh of victims on the streets.


Yield of violence, blood, viciousness
She eats the slight remains of sweetness teasing each solid gelatinous cell from the snowy white fur of membrane, caging their lives in putting them in endangerment.  The army is now surrounded certainly no way out stranded arranged to defend and defeat!


There are guarding and overthrowing


She  can see the blade driving through the earth then twisting till the indulgent surface slices uncluttered departed bodies spread blood, blood far and wide countless.  They pull out there armaments and bombard all that can be seen.


He came in an urgency to do the rough agreement. The tables loaded to the atmosphere betting with people’s valuable, precious, acquitted breathes.


She made a promise as shallow as the deep red of striking poppies, Heroine and savagery, wilderness drugs clatter in her awareness her jagged lips obscured. 


There is the triumphant fruit heaps stumbling one by one each and every bit with the leathery skin  with the Rubicund globes, trapped in pyramids of the pomegranate inside are hundreds of edible seeds with a sweet pleasantly acidic taste carried by the mirrored shawl glimmering by its distance. Unshod children blissfully with amusement catch it, content and eager.


Yield of generosity


The children’s accumulated beholding the titillating and deluxe pomegranates as though they are charms, gems, Ornaments of garnet.


They came with honoured, gratified, fulfilled sentiments


There he is, with the bare immensity of weaponry. A bomb unseen under the ground bursts... Bang! Plentiful of people perish…


Soldiers forming and constructing of wreckage and rubble their deaths lay on the secure ground numerous amount of civilians have distraught hearts gracefully shimmer candles in the dust and prise them apart knowing they won’t come back and they have gone forever.  They have fulfilled their combat. Conflict and struggle there tour is now terminated.


The author's comments:

Woman experiencing War and she describes what she sees that is happening.