Vanished In Haze | Teen Ink

Vanished In Haze

By Genesis7 BRONZE, Wayland, Massachusetts
Genesis7 BRONZE, Wayland, Massachusetts

"I can do all things through christ who strengthens me" Philippines 4:13

I watched as my dog Max sprinted towards the woods.  My feet flew across the long wooden bridge.  My arms were swinging by my side, pushing me forward.   He was a black blur in the corner of my eye. He finally slowed down; I was gasping for air when I finally caught my breath.  I leaned on the cool oak tree while Max layed by side.  His paws were chocolate brown from the muddy trails.  He was drooling as he was lapping for air.  For a moment I was so relaxed; stroking his soft coat of  black fur and feeling the chilly green grass run through my fingers.  Suddenly, I heard a deep low growl coming from Max's mouth.   He leaped up urgently, pointed his tall black ears, and let out a deep bark that I've never heard before.   I looked at him in shock and wondered what was wrong with him.¨''Max, stop!'' I screeched.  I studied his deep brown eyes; they were filled with suspense.  Before I knew it he was gone, so I ran after him trying to find a solution of were he would flee.  It was pouring rain, and I was all alone.  The dark gray  clouds were hovering over me like the memory of my father's burnt ashes.  I had this load of anxiety in the pit of my stomach.  At this point I was lost somewhere in a foggy, shadowy forest.   I could only see the dim moonlight shine on my path.  The trees were quivering silently like tiny little whispers.  I searched the area looking for answers of Max.   I had this sense that I was being followed.  I quickly stopped and I heard the slightest beat after.  They were coming for me.  I sprinted as much as I could.  I could feel the slippery wet leaves on my heels. My heart was battering at the speed of light, and my mind was filled with horror. I looked back and saw this foggy glowing light, right behind my back.   It was about 2,050 feet tall. I suddenly felt some dreadful thing tug on my foot.  I tumbled down to the solid ground; my nails were rasping against the hard rocky ground.  My wobbly arms were struggling to grip the earth beneath me, and I was shrieking for my life.  Clash!
My eyes floated open to these red bloody glowing eyes.  It was staring right at me.

My dog Max inspired me to write this chapter of the story  because we have had so many exciting adventures.  I wanted to write an exciting adventure with my dog max filled with a lot of suspense and fanatsy.  I hope everyone can enjoy it!