Vanished In Haze | Teen Ink

Vanished In Haze

September 1, 2015
By Genesis7 BRONZE, Wayland, Massachusetts
Genesis7 BRONZE, Wayland, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can do all things through christ who strengthens me" Philippines 4:13


I watched as my dog Max sprinted towards the woods.  My feet flew across the long wooden bridge.  My arms were swinging by my side, pushing me forward.   He was a black blur in the corner of my eye. He finally slowed down; I was gasping for air when I finally caught my breath.  I leaned on the cool oak tree while Max layed by side.  His paws were chocolate brown from the muddy trails.  He was drooling as he was lapping for air.  For a moment I was so relaxed; stroking his soft coat of  black fur and feeling the chilly green grass run through my fingers.  Suddenly, I heard a deep low growl coming from Max's mouth.   He leaped up urgently, pointed his tall black ears, and let out a deep bark that I've never heard before.   I looked at him in shock and wondered what was wrong with him.¨''Max, stop!'' I screeched.  I studied his deep brown eyes; they were filled with suspense.  Before I knew it he was gone, so I ran after him trying to find a solution of were he would flee.  It was pouring rain, and I was all alone.  The dark gray  clouds were hovering over me like the memory of my father's burnt ashes.  I had this load of anxiety in the pit of my stomach.  At this point I was lost somewhere in a foggy, shadowy forest.   I could only see the dim moonlight shine on my path.  The trees were quivering silently like tiny little whispers.  I searched the area looking for answers of Max.   I had this sense that I was being followed.  I quickly stopped and I heard the slightest beat after.  They were coming for me.  I sprinted as much as I could.  I could feel the slippery wet leaves on my heels. My heart was battering at the speed of light, and my mind was filled with horror. I looked back and saw this foggy glowing light, right behind my back.   It was about 2,050 feet tall. I suddenly felt some dreadful thing tug on my foot.  I tumbled down to the solid ground; my nails were rasping against the hard rocky ground.  My wobbly arms were struggling to grip the earth beneath me, and I was shrieking for my life.  Clash!
My eyes floated open to these red bloody glowing eyes.  It was staring right at me.


The author's comments:

My dog Max inspired me to write this chapter of the story  because we have had so many exciting adventures.  I wanted to write an exciting adventure with my dog max filled with a lot of suspense and fanatsy.  I hope everyone can enjoy it!