The Octopus Monster | Teen Ink

The Octopus Monster

October 12, 2015
By griff1234 BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana
griff1234 BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments


11, September 2015
The Octopus monster
It was a foggy night in the old farm house, where a farmer eats a late diner. The coyotes were howling and yapping outside of the house.
The farmer says, “Those dang coyotes!”  The farmer grabs his gun and stomps out on his porch and aims at the coyote and just as he shot, a meteor exploded in the barn, flinging the farmer back on his butt. His dog starts to bark as the farmer gets up and grabs his gun and slowly trots to the embers of the meteor explosion.
The farmer says, “What in earth's name was that.”
  The farmer had to navigate through the embers as he sees the biggest meteor of all. He slowly creeps over to the meteor and touches it with his finger. The huge meteor cracks open and the farmer fell back. There lies a cute little octopus ball. The farmer looked confused he put the octopus in a honey jar and walks back to his house, puts the octopus in the cabinet, and fell back asleep
The morning sun arose from the trees as it gazes down at the ashes of the once standing barn. The farmer woke up from his slumber and walked downstairs.
“What am I going to eat for breakfast.”
The farmer says as he opens the cabinet. There was an empty jar where the octopus used to. The farmer dropped the jar and moved back slowly.
He let out a scream “AHHHHHHHHH!”
as the huge octopus monster grabbed him with his tentacles and ate him whole. The octopus moves slowly to eat his next victim, the dog. The dog was out in his dog house sleeping as the octopus  approaches. The octopus spit acid at the poor dog as it dissolved the dog into a sludge that the octopus  slurped up. The octopus’s power grew stronger, the size grew and it looked uglier than ever.
Three days later the octopus was on the move on the country road as the octopus spotted a hitchhiker waiting for a ride. The octopus  move through the tall  cornfield. the sound alerted the hitchhiker.
The hitchhiker turned around at the maze of cornfields and said “Who's there?”
He slowly walked toward the noise as the  octopus shot its tentacles out and engulfs the hitchhiker. the undissolved bone of the hitch hiker were left at the side of the road as the octopus slowly rolls away to the small town.
There was a small gas station on the road to the small town. The gas station clerk lay sleeping on the counter as octopus makes his way into the gas station. The gas station clerk heard a noise coming from the food section he wakes up thinking it was a racoon and got up from his sleep and walked over there.
“You dumb racoon!” the clerk said as he turns the corner. He sees a huge octopus eat snacks. He froze in fear as the the octopus turns around and shoots acid at the clerk.
“Aaaaah my eyes!”
The clerk screams as the octopus pulls him in and eating him alive. All that was left was the undissolved bones and the octopus trail the octopus leaves out the door to the small town. The octopus is making his way to the town.
Tom, a middle aged man who works at the local supermarket, lay in his bed watching the news  as he hears a sound of screaming and explosions outside of his house as he sees his neighbor outside of his house get swallowed alive by a huge octopus. One of the octopus’s tentacle breaks the window of Tom's house and grabs Tom's leg. His leg is getting burned by the acid. Tom grabs his gun as he shoots the octopus’s tentacle. Tom limps his way to the bathroom where he gets bandaged up. The pain that Tom is going through is excruciating. He grabs his shotgun and runs outside and grabs his car and heads towards the supermarket.
“Oh ----!”  Tom said
when one of octopus’s tentacles broke the right window. Tom grabs his shotgun and blows one of the octopus’s tentacles off. Another tentacle breaks the other window and grabs the shotgun and melts it. Tom grabs his cold drink and throws it at the octopus. The octopus’s tentacle freezes of. Tom thought in his head that he could use the liquid nitrogen in the supermarket. He pulls into the supermarket and rushes in the market. It was empty.
“Looks like they evacuated everyone.”
Tom said looking at the empty sections. He found the liquid nitrogen and ran outside. In front of him there is a fire truck that is empty. Tom dumps as much liquid nitrogen in the tank. Tom drives the firetruck in front of the huge towering octopus. He jumps out of the fire truck and unravels the hose.
“come on come on!” Tom says as the octopus get closer and closer. Tom turns around with the hose in his grip he turns the nozzle and soaks the huge octopus with liquid nitrogen. The octopus is frozen in place. Tom got in the fire truck and drove at the octopus and jumped out of the moving truck tom rolled on the ground he looked up and the truck collided the octopus blowing the octopus into a million pieces.
“Take that you evil octopus”, Tom said dusting himself off. Tom walked of into the sunset as the military go and cleaned up the battle zone which was the ashes and embers of the dilapidated town. Tom was later praised for his actions of bravery and earned a metal. He later joined the military and was known as monster slayer.