The Virus | Teen Ink

The Virus

By KevinW BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
KevinW BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia

The Virus

One day in the year 3000 in a the heart of New York city, in a secret Orange headquarters a man by the name of Steven Yobs was working on the new uPhone 80. He was hard at work when all of a sudden he presses the wrong key and creates a virus on his computer. This virus springs out of his computer and impales him right in the heart, but wait by some miracle he's not dead after the amount of pain that was just inflicted on him. He gets up dazed, and feels another presence in the room. He looks around but it’s after hours and and all the Orange employes have already gone home to their families for the night. Steven Yobs the hears a voice in his head:

“I'm in control now,” said the voice in his head,

“Wh- wh- who’s there?” stammered Steve,

“Its me, the virus you created on your computer, I am currently living inside of you controlling your every move.”

With Steven Yobs under his control he had access to all the data from Orange and could do practically anything. The next morning Steven Yobs had stayed up all night, being forced to work for this virus he had named Jeri, to create a program that creates endless viruses like Jeri. Over the next few days millions of viruses were created just like Jeri and they had taken over all the Orange employes and forced them to create a machine that automatically creates the viruses. This machine is in the middle of the secret Orange headquarters.
This event was put all over the news and on televisions all around the world people were finding out that Orange had been taken over by a virus and was compromised. Day by day more and more civilians were being taken over by the virus and being controlled. Within weeks, most of the world had been taken over and the US government had called a national state of emergency and told everybody to stay indoors and be very cautious. Soon enough the US government started rescuing families from around the world and taking them to safety.
One day the government was doing their hourly searches for civilians that need help. As they were driving through the destroyed and infected city they heard some yelling and screaming for help. They turn the corner and find a group of teenagers that look like they've been there for days. The government agents tell them to get in their car and that they would take them back to the facility and make them safe.
As they get in the car the agent starts asking question like where they’re from and who they are. The oldest of the group speaks first.

“My name is Eric Storm, I am 18 years old and am from downtown Brooklyn, these are my friends Big Mitch and Sarah Smith.”

The government agent explains where they are taking the kids and where they will be staying for the next few weeks or until the virus gets contained or destroyed.
They show up a high security building that seems to be in the middle of nowhere. The building was surrounded by sand and it seemed to be in the valley between huge mountains and on one side was a huge glistening body of water. I shined as bright as a crystal and seemed to go on forever like it never ended.
Over the next few days the teens got used to the facility and made it their new home. One day an agent came up to them and asked them to come to a meeting with the president of the United States. Astonished, the teens quickly said yes. As they walk down the long, musty grey hallway Eric observes all the many paintings of past presidents and government officials. They reach the end of the hallway and come to a stop outside a large metal door with the United States crest on it. It slowly creaks open and there sitting at his desk is the president of the United States. The kids walk into the room and each pull out a chair to sit in. They sit down and the president starts talking.

“I need you kids to go on a mission for me ok?”

“ yes sir”, the kids reply.

“I need you to travel to New York City to Orange HQ, take down the virus, and bring us Steven Yobs”

“Will do Mr President,” say the teenagers as they walk out the door.

As they go back to their bunker within the military base another guard approaches them and tell them since they are going on a mission they need proper training. After about a week of training they are finally ready to go out on their mission. The get in a giant military helicopter and head of toward New York City.
Later that day when they arrive in NYC they go over the plan one last time before they attack. They climb down from the building they landed on and headed out into the city. They find a secret passageway into the back of Orange HQ. They sneak into the facility and somehow find Steven Yobs’ office right away, but he isn’t there. They look all over the facility, which seems to be empty, for the virus generator. They eventually found a giant open room with what seems like millions of people guarding some type of machine. The teenagers all split up and tried to get the generator. They whittle the group down to about 100 people left after what seemed like hours of fighting. Then in one sprint and a leap Big Mitch hits the switch to turn off the generator. The was only one problem there was no sign of Steven Yobs...