What happens after death? | Teen Ink

What happens after death?

By anniebc123 BRONZE, Fort Myers, Florida
anniebc123 BRONZE, Fort Myers, Florida

Have you ever wondered what happens when you die? I know it's a subject that people don’t like to bring up but it's a legitimate question. No? Luckily for you I know, I know everything that there is to know about death. No, I’m not dead. I’m alive like the rest of you but…. different. Yeah, that's the word. I’m sorry, I’m being so rude. Hi, I’m Death and your not going to die…… yet.
Don’t look so scared, I’m not here to hurt you. I just want to talk. It's been a while since I’ve talked to a human. And I thought since you wanted to know about death, I’m your guy! First thing’s first, I’m not as bad as you think. Yes, you humans have portrayed me as the bad guy with the black cloak and scythe but that's not me! I don't even like black. 
I have an idea! Close your eyes, its ok just close ‘em. Now, imagine a middle aged guy with a suit and tie and slick back hair. That's me! See, totally defenseless. 
You’re probably wondering why I’m talking to a teenager that's in the middle of puberty and not to an adult that is more mature. Well, you teenagers will believe me. Adults think I’m a total psycho and toddlers don’t care.  Sorry, I’m getting off topic, where was I? Right, death. 
When you first die, you are in a state of jubilance. Everything is lollypops and rainbows. You reminisce over your whole life. And then the realization sets in. That's when I step in and show them to the ruling room.
The ruling room is the room that decides where all of the dead should go to. The ruling room is more of a test. The dead go through multiple tests to decide where they are going. Whether they are going to go to heaven or start a second life. After the room decides where the soul should go, the souls who go to heaven stay there for eternity and the second life souls are born. When souls die, they are rejuvenated, so the bad people get a fair chance at a second life or heaven.
What do I do? Well, I’m the welcome wagon to all the souls. So if there are any lost souls, I help them find their way.  I’m the boss of all the souls. But I’m not god. God made everything. I just make sure everything is running smoothly. 
Is that it? Oh. It’s just…. I haven't talked to anyone in a while and in a while I mean in 10 millennia. Why? Well, since it's only the souls of the people, the souls don’t have lungs so they can’t talk. I know, right. It sucks. But I better get going, being the boss means I don’t get any breaks.
Well, it was nice to meet you and see you soon. Uhh sorry, I meant……. will a see you later be  better? Good. And one more thing, if you don’t mind, could you spread the story of life after death, and I mean the truth. Great! See you later!