What Attention | Teen Ink

What Attention

December 18, 2017
By JeremyCruz BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
JeremyCruz BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There was an 11 year old boy called Tom. He lived with a really big family he had lots of brothers and sisters. His parents are really busy people because they are always working and dealing with the kids, it’s all a mess, but they loved all their kids. Tom thought differently because every time something happened in the house they would always blame it on him and since the parents are all busy they never listened to him and he always got in trouble.  


Tom described himself as the “black sheep” because everything was blamed on him even though he didn’t do anything and he would get mad because he couldn't do anything about it. He was always on his room watching Tv because that’s the only thing that he could do while being grounded. While his brothers were always playing outside and hanging out with friends. Sometimes he would sneak out of the house to go play with his friends and no one would even notice because they wouldn’t pay attention to him.


One time he got tired of getting ignored and always getting blamed for stuff that he didn’t do so he  decided to run away. Once he was walking a police car stopped next to him and ask him where he was going because he looked young to be walking alone at night. He tried lying to the cop but he didn’t buy anything he said so he took him back to the police station and someone spoke with him and got him to tell the truth. Once he talked the officer gave him a little advice and told him that they were taking him home and that they would talk to his parents. He was really scared because he knew that they would get mad but had no other option.


Once they got home the parents opened the door and saw Tom, the first thing they said was “ What did you do now Tom?” he looked at the cop and he talked with them, Tom didn’t say a word he was quiet the whole time. When they finished talking the parents went to Tom and apologized to him for not giving him attention and always blaming him. He was surprised and didn’t know what to say, he just hugged them. Then they talk to all the family and they got to be a happy family with no one blaming anyone.