The Day | Teen Ink

The Day

By Hannahjalc17 BRONZE, Joplin, Missouri
Hannahjalc17 BRONZE, Joplin, Missouri

The Day

It was the one day that would change everything for how for how I would live the rest of my life. It was the day that I, myself, and everyone else around me may not see me as the person that I am and was. It was the day that I, Charity Blossom would turn 18.
     In this society that I was born into, when you turn eighteen you are considered an adult which also means you are thought to be at right age to handle more responsibility. By handle more responsibility I don't just mean your average taking care of yourself, I mean getting a “superpower” chosen for you that can either make your life better or far worse; In my life it was no surprise that what had been in store for me would make my life much more complicated, my power was strength.
      Most assume that it would be an amazing gift to have the power of strength. There are few who have knowledge of the fear and power that it holds and those few try to warn others but no one listens. Having the power doesn't just mean you can break everything you lay a finger on; It also means that you can shatter the hearts of everyone you love and everyone that you come close to, take it from someone who's best friend had the power of strength.