Monolouge for the cellar | Teen Ink

Monolouge for the cellar

November 5, 2019
By ClaireMaser BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
ClaireMaser BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

                                               I Need to Do it Now  

                                                  (For The Cellar)

                                                                                                    

Set instructions: The stage is set up like home. There is bookcase in the corner of the stage and on the other side of the bookcase there is a couch and a table that has vases of flowers on it. Summer Robinson is a 16-year-old girl who is very attractive with blonde hair. She is wearing jeans and a fancy top. She has a boyfriend named Lewis who wanted to take her to the party. Summer has just been kidnapped by a man named Clover who takes her to his house to live with the three other girls he has kidnapped.  Their names are Poppy, Lily, and Rose. You can see Clover and Summer standing on the stage next to the bookcase.

Monologue: (the spotlight comes on Summer and Clover)  (pause) I should have known there was no way he was just going to take me into his home and let me be. In a few seconds he’s going to open that small door that is behind the bookcase to (pause) kill me, this is going to be where it ends. If only I could tell Lewis I loved him one more time (eyes start watering). (Clover takes a key out of his pocket and unlocks the door leading to a small set of steps). I can’t go down there. I need to get out while I can, but what could I do? His strong grip is on my wrist and I can’t move. Think, Summer. (Clover pushes Summer down one step at a time). Too late now (all the tears that have swelled up in her eyes start to fall all at the same time). What is that smell burning through my nostrils? It smells like lemon or cleaning supplies or something like that. (They get to the bottom of the steps). Woah, this is not what I was expecting. It almost looks (pause) nice and welcoming.  A couch, tv, and a table with four different vases sitting on top. Three of them have flowers but one is empty. That’s weird, (sighs) but then again, everything about this man and his house is weird. What is wrong with you? Summer, did you just say that the man who kidnapped you has a nice and welcoming house? I seriously need to go home. (Poppy, Rose and, Violet walk out from the bedroom). (Summer wipes her wet face and straightens up). Who are these girls? Did the same thing happen to them that happened to me? (Clover walks back up the steps and locks the door). (All at the same time, the three girls let out a long breath). Are they as scared and in shock as me? It doesn’t seem like it. They seem oddly comfortable in a way that scares me. They act like this is their own home and their actual family. The thought of that makes me want to puke. (Summer sits down on the couch and takes it all in). No matter what they say, I am never staying here and acting like this is normal. I need to get out of here and I need to do it now. (The lights go down).


The author's comments:

This is the monolouge that i wrote for the book The cellar when she was kidnapped.