Stand Up | Teen Ink

Stand Up

April 11, 2012
By LeenaB GOLD, Hoover, Alabama
LeenaB GOLD, Hoover, Alabama
11 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it. -Jane Wagner


Listen, I need to talk to you about something, and it's not about you, it's about me this time. Wev'e been friends for years now,well, that's what I thought. I've done so many things for you and I never got a thank you or anything in return. What happened to I scratch your back, you scratch mine? I just don't think that's fair at all. And don't play stupid like you always do! It may work on everyone else, but not me. You've been pushing me around and using me like I'm some kind wlecome mat and I'm sick and tired of it! "Hey, could you do this for me, please? I'll love you FOREVER!!!" yeah right. I've heard the things you've been saying about me. I thought I could trust you with my secrets. Obviously, I was wrong, again. And to be honest, it hurt my feelings a lot. But there's one thing I know that keeps me going. It's that no matter how hard you try to tear me down, I know I'm better than you'll ever be. Karma's a pain in the butt, and it's coming your way. So I have two last words for you. I'm. Done.


The author's comments:
This piece was written and performed by yours truly at my school for a theatre project. I hope this monologue influences the readers to not be push overs and speak up for yourself.