The Girl (monologue) | Teen Ink

The Girl (monologue)

By sarah_XC BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
sarah_XC BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

She takes everything for granted. She learned the hard way not to trust people, not to let anyone in. She learned to build up walls around her heart and guard them with every ounce of her being. So that’s what she did. She just stopped… stopped trusting, stopped listening, stopped caring. But she can’t just stop, right? Someone would notice, RIGHT? Wrong. No one noticed her then, and no one notices her now. No one even knows her name. In fact, I don’t even know her real name… but I’ve been told she has many “nick- names”. Broken. Hurt. Pain. Alone. Mistreated. Abused. But no one knows her name… But somehow everyone knows her. She’s the one who starves herself because people constantly tell her she’s fat, even though she is a weightless stick. She’s the one that cuts her wrist because that pain, for a second, overcomes the pain in her heart. She’s the one who lost her innocence at a very young age. She’s the one that got taken advantage of. The one who is scared to go into her own home because of her abusive parent. She’s the one who looks in the mirror everyday and tells herself she isn’t pretty. She’s the one that, on the outside, has it all together; but on the inside is being torn apart. She’s right here. She’s the one you laugh at in the halls. The one you send mean messages to. The one who sits alone at lunch. She’s the one you push around. The one who can’t take it anymore. She’s the girl that needs a friend. She could be someone YOU know. So, who is it? Is it me? Is it her? Is it your bestfriend? Your worst enemy? You? “She” could be anyone. Anywhere. “She” just needs a reason. A reason to fight. A reason to live. You could be that reason. So, give a smile, a hug, a kind word, or even just a listening ear; because you never know when “she” could turn into “you” and “you” could turn into “who?”.

I wrote this for my audition monologue. Hope you enjoy! Please leave comments.

WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Nice! BTW I am also from Indiana

mashash355 BRONZE, Durban, Other

''you are all the colours in one at full brightness''

i enjoyed it...i like how you actually go deep into detail about how this ''she'' feels.this is actually a serious matter that takes place in almost every school.a student that is depressed and attemps suicide but no one knows or pays attention to her accept when she's been humiliated...so i would like to thank you for addressing this issue so that us teens can be aware of what's happening right under our noses

KristArt said...
KristArt, Kemp, Texas

Having courage isn't the same as having no fear...it's being afraid and pushing forward anyways

That was nice I liked it

Mahalabelle GOLD, Leesburg, Indiana

I don't just care about my friends-- I am head-over-heels in love with them.

I really like how you even go to ask the question if it is the audience itself. Not very many people are willing to openly take risks and I see this all the time at school. It has even happened to me, and I find it worsen the older you get. If you would like to expand this idea, I suggest you go for it because your writing style would produce a very interesting story and the emotions that will fall with it would be genuine.

RRicks9 SILVER said...
RRicks9 SILVER, Tirana, Other
You are an amazing writer. You should be an author.

olivia428 BRONZE, Maplewood, New Jersey
Great job, keep writing!

YoungBeauty GOLD, Claremont, New Hampshire

" Beauty isn't about having pretty face. It's about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and a pretty soul"

@sarah_XC I love this! This piece reminds me of myself in the 6th grade. It show emotion and character. Please keep writing!

Tanea said...
you are a great writer keep it up!! :)

Buble PLATINUM said...
Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho

Love and loyalty run deeper than blood. By: Richelle Mead

WOW! Your an amazing writer.

Mahalabelle GOLD, Leesburg, Indiana

Great way to describe that.

Me22 said...
Obviously No, you can't!!

My daughter is going through that exact same circumstances at her school... We have tried everything ! She was popular and friendly confident beautiful Athletic and a beautiful dancer now ...... She barely can get through each day

IsabellaB said...
IsabellaB, Velva, North Dakota

"There are no small parts, only small actors."

I would like to use this as an audition piece. Would that be alright with you?