noname: | Teen Ink

noname:

By songgirl BRONZE, Scotland, Other
songgirl BRONZE, Scotland, Other

live your life, but dream your dreams to the full!!!

[Rocky Beach 8th July 2002]

Anna: I love this weather! It’s so, so hot!!
Jade: Isn’t it! I could stay out here all day!!
Claire: I couldn’t its bad for my skin, I come out in spots! Very bad!!
Anna: I’ve got a really bad feeling, its not going to last.
Natalie: what do you mean? Sun, see, Holidays…. What else could we want?
Jade: A mystery! Remember last year we solved the mystery of the missing rubys!
Anna: Yeh, but this time I think its going to be a big mystery!
Jade: What do you mean Anna?
[ all looking over to were Anna was staring]
Claire: Oh my goodness!! Is that what I think it is?
Anna: I’m afraid so it’s a skull
Claire: Should we check it out?
Natalie: No we shouldn’t We should phone the police!
Jade: Yeh, I agree with Natalie. We need to phone the police straight away in a way were witnesses.
Anna: In what way? Anyway I’ll phone Sheriff Campbell, thou I know there’s a good mystery behind it.

[whilst Anna is on the phone speaking to the police, jade gets up to have a closer look]
Jade: You know this doesn’t look like an ordinary skull it’s too big….more like an fox or dog!! Even so this is NOT a burial grounds and if caught this person could be put in jail for dumping a skull on public property!!
Claire: Mmm Jade I don’t think you can be put in jail for throwing a skull away.
Jade: No, but they can for murdering someone or something!
All: WHAT!! Murder?
Clair: Your crazy!!
Anna: Here’s the police, better go fill the sheriff in with what has been happening.
Natalie: Yeh, I’ve got piano, and Claire has got badminton at 4:00
Jade: I better wait for the sheriff- it’s a bonus he’s my dad means I can try and get him to tell me some info.
Anna: I’ll come with you do some research on the beach on the beach, keep you out of trouble.
Claire: there’s nothing to be done, but if you must you must!
Natalie: meet at mine bout 6 ok?
{they all go different ways}
Sheriff: whats up girls? Are you both ok?
Jade: yes! Dad we found a skull well anna did there away to there clubs but we said we’d stay and wait for you.
Sheriff: Yeh I thought it was anna that phoned.
Anna: Yeh, anyway we found a skull on the beach, we just wanted you to know for the record it could be important .
Sheriff: ok I’ll take it down to the station, thanks girls
Jade: it’s probably nothing dad but we thought we should tell you still, I’m going to Nat’s tonight so I won’t be home till 8 or later
Sheriff: ok darling just don’t be to late you know I don’t like you out after dark even if your with your friends.
Jade: God, dad I’ll be fine honestly i will walk with anna, if that makes you feel any better? Im 14 not a baby and we called you down here to take the skull not for a lecture
Anna: don’t talk to your dad like that! He its awesome that he cares, anyway bye sheriff I’ll keep her out of trouble for you!
Sheriff: Thank you Anna you are a very nice girl. And thank you girls ill take the skull now and go before this old man gets his feelings even more hurt. I’ll talk to you a little bit more when I find out what short of skull this is.
GIRLS: ok, bye sheriff, see you later.

Scene 2:
{6:00pm the same night, at 1482 Rocket road Port Glasgow}
Anna: ok, I did some research earlier and I found out something Rather scary
Natalie: witch is?
[jade gets there first]
Jade: well you see the beach has been around for just over 80 years and in those 80 years the beach has been visited by tourists from all over the world! Anyway the skull was, as I suspected from an dog it has been washed up from the sea!
Anna: the skull is over 40 years old! Which makes the next part kind of amazing! 45 years ago an young English girl and her dog went missing after leaving her beach lodge to walk her dog only never to return home.
Claire: wait, are you trying to tell me that we have found this girls dog?
Jade: yeh, the thing is the girl was walking the her dog not so far from her holiday home when she went missing- but wouldn’t you of expected the dog to run home when the girl disapered?
Natalie: [ trying to take it in ] if I’m not mistaken ,but are you implying someone killed the dog on purpose?
Anna: it’s a fact! The girl whose name was Emma had pulled the dog into the sea with her, it’s a true mystery thou how she could do it, it is rather confusing you see….
Claire: hold your horses the girl killed herself?!?!
Jade: yeh, poor wee 12 year old girl- people called her a witch….said she was possessed by an demon!!
Claire: hold up! Wind back a bit! 12 years old? Witch? Demons?
Jade: yeh, back in those days if you were born with an cliff pallet you were called an witch, as another name for a cliff is an hair lip and because hairs and witches live in a forest, there placed in the same column. The poor girl was driven crazy and decided to end it all.