Love | Teen Ink

Love

By Original_One BRONZE, Yuba City, California
Original_One BRONZE, Yuba City, California

" When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper.They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end you end up polished and they end up useless."-Andy Biersack

Tim and Jamie are talking in the living room. Jamie is talking to Tim about Tim and Scott’s relationships and how well it is going.
Lights/ curtains rise
Tim: I never felt this way…I love you and… I want you to know it was love at first sight (kneels down and pulls ring out of pocket) will you marry me Scott? How was that? Was it romantic enough? (Asking his friend Jamie and sits on the couch)
Jamie: (twirling her bleach bold hair)” aww, Tim I knew you would find someone to spend the rest of your life with (walks over to time and gives him a big hug and sits next to him) oh, and yes it was romantic. Hey, by the way were did you and Scott even meet. What’s your story?
Tim: (now blushing and stats to chuckle) Um … lets see about five years ago scot and I met at a friends house Steve’s house to be exact. Steve and Jonathan smith introduced us they wanted to hook us up (he chuckles a little bit) anyway I just fell into his big blue eyes and his fun, nice outgoing personality. We ended up stating to hang out together and I ended developing a crush on him. Little did I know he had developed a crush on me too! About a year later, Scott and I went mountain climbing. and we ended not knowing if we were going to make it out of their alive.so I just went up to him and kissed him long story short we have together ever since
Jamie: “ aww , that so cute.
Tim: (blushing) Thanks. I am planning to take him on a trip to Victoria Falls Zimbabwe. Also propose to him by the waterfall. I have everything planned out (walks over to the couch and sits down)
Jamie: (pauses) really? (Surprised)
Tim: (nodes) yep. I have the tickets and everything.
Jamie: How are you going to tell Scott about going to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe or going on a trip without him get suspicious? (Crosses her arms)
Tim: (chuckles) oops um… (Pauses) how about I just want to get away. Just you and me, all alone how about it.
Jamie: (giggles) oh my god, Tim, that’s so cheesy. How about saying how about we get away for a week or ( turns to Tim) how long?
Tim: two weeks.
Jamie: how about we get away for two weeks. Get away from the stress and work and go somewhere together just the two of us?
Tim: Oh ok.
Jamie: I hate to leave but I have to finish my errands and pick up Lola and I don’t want to be late (gets up from couch and grabs purse and walks to the door) bye.
Tim: (gets up and walks her out) bye hey let me walk you out.
Jamie: ok bye (waves)
Lights fade/curtains close
End scene
Light on/ curtains open
Tim and scot are sitting in bed in their bedroom. Both Tim and Scott are reading. Tim
of the bed)
I was thinking how about we get away for two weeks. Get away from the stress and work and go somewhere together just the two of us?
Scott: (puts the book down and turns to Tim) whoa Mr. romance?!
Tim (now sitting completely up) I am serious
Scott: Ok let’s do it I will be right back (walks off stage and then walks back on now with two suitcase. He lies them flat on the bed and unzips them open)
Tim: (get up and walks over to the closet and pulls out some clothes)
Scott: what do you want me to pack for the trip?
Tim: I don’t know dress shoes and dress suit for a maybe dinner date, casual day-to-day stuff. The weather will be about sixty- eight degrees in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe
Scott: ok (grabs clothes and starts to fold them and put them in the suit cases. When both Tim and Scott are done they put the suitcases on the floor and go to sleep)

2 hours later
(Tim gets up and places the ring in the suitcase and then walks over to the bed climbs in and goes to sleep)
End scene lights off
Curtains close
Tim and Scott have just gotten of the airplane and now are getting their luggage
Light/ curtains open
Scott: How was the flight sleepy head
Tim: Good and you
Scoot: good, You fell asleep silly goose
Tim: know I always fall asleep during car rides trains or any trip to be exact
Scott: hey can we stop near a restroom before we get out of here?
Tim: Yeah sure (Tim and Scott start walking towards the bathroom while rolling their suitcase behind them)
Scoot : I will be right back( walks offstage)
Tim: damn it is freaking cold in this airport (opens suitcase to get jacket and realizes that the ring is gone)
Tim: (angry) !@#$ some person stole the ring that I was going to propose to Scott with that, that little sh-( Tim what interrupted by Scott)
Scott you were going to…(pause speechless)
Tim: (turns around to see Scott)
I-I was (gets angry) but now I cant, our taxis should be here by now lets go (forcefully zips up the suitcases and walks out side to get into the taxis scott follow still speechless from the event tat just happened)
Lights fade/ curtains fade
End scene
Tim is alone at the jewelry store trying to get a new wedding ring for Scott
Tim looking at the ring in the glass case and trying to figure one out that would look the best on scoot and fit him perfectly
Salesman: (walking over to Tim) can I get you anything*( sid in a british accent)
Tim: yes thank you
I am not from here. i was going to prepose to my boyfriend but someone pick poctted my lugge and the ring is gone.
Salesman: what do you have in mind?
Tim: The ring that I had bought was silver bland. I was thinking I wanted to up the antiny and buy him something better I want something gold. Maybe an Celtic wedding ring.
Salesman: (pulling ring and putting them on top of the glass case for Tim to look at)
Tim(pointing to a Celtic ring) can I see that one?
Salesman: (pulls out the Celtic ring and places it on top of the glass counter) this celtic ring represents love. The interlacing lines of the Celtic Knot stands for "no beginning, no ending, the continuity of everlasting love and binding together or intertwining of two soul or spirits.
Tim: its beautiful I will take it (pulls out cash instead of a credit card so it doesn’t show up on his debt) Thank you very much.
Salesman: I wish you and your future husband good luck.
Tim: thank you (walks offstage)
Lights off/curtains close
End scene
Tim and Scott are now standing by the Victoria Falls waterfall holding hands when Tim kneels down on one knee, pulls the ring out of his pocket
Lights/curtains
Tim: Scott I love you with every beat of my heart and I could not imagine my life without you in it. I want to spend this year and every other year of your life with her then simply ask will you please spend the rest of my life as my husband, my lover and my best friend? Will you marry me?
Scott: (crying) yes.( kisses Tim)
Lights fade/ curtains close

2 years later
Tim and Scott are in the church getting married. Jamie, Steve, and Jonathon are there. The church is brightly light and flowers are placed all over.

Priest: (reads from the book)Do you, Timothy Cole Alfred, take Scott Evan Bane to be your husband , to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; and to promise to be faithful to you until death do you part?
Tim: I do
Priest: You may now kiss the groom.(kisses)
The end