Flowers of Forgivness Act 4 | Teen Ink

Flowers of Forgivness Act 4

By PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts
PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"a villain and a victim should never be the same person”

Act 4 Scene 1

Conner

(Runs outside)

“Neveah, what happened?”

Neveah

“I’m going to find Valentina. No one should feel unsafe or alone for that matter.”

Conner

“But what if you don’t make it?”

Neveah

“Conner, listen to me. I know Valentina did wrong, but the people who pushed her should feel ashamed as well”

Conner

“I don’t think she wants company after what happened to her. Maybe you should let her be until things work out”

Neveah

“The only way it could possibly get worse is if I ignore her pleas for help. I’m only doing what’s best. All I’m trying to do at this point is reason with her. I’m sure she’ll understand.”

Conner

“You’re going to reason with a villain? Are you out of your mind? Do you have any idea of what she is capable of?

Neveah

“No one is born evil.  What I’m trying to say here is that when people are angry, they do things they don’t mean. I’m not asking for trouble, I’m just hoping that one day Valentina finally gets accepted in society.

Conner

“I just hope you know what you’re doing”

Neveah

“Conner, I know exactly what I’m doing. At this point, I’m aggravated and my only goal is to prove that Valentina only became evil because her peers pushed her too far. She would never become evil on purpose”

Conner

“Just stay out of harms way, okay?”

Neveah

“Don’t worry, I will. And besides, knowing the consequences, Valentina wouldn’t throw a candle for no reason.”

Conner

“The countdown is in 2 hours. Are you sure you’ll make it in time?”

Neveah

“I’ll try my best to be on time but right now I need to worry about Valentina. Finding her is my priority and main concern as of now. There is a chance I will miss the countdown, but Valentina’s wellbeing is more important to me right now.”

Conner

“I don’t understand, I thought the United Kingdom was your favorite country”

Neveah

“It is. I can’t however enjoy a party, while my best friend is out there upset, when half of it wasn’t even her fault. I mean, how would you feel if your friend was being bullied and they felt like the only way out was being a villain themselves?

Conner

“Sad and angry.”

Neveah

“Well that’s how I feel right now. I’m sick of everyone only caring about their side of the story. Instead everyone is only concerned, about the actions someone did, rather than what caused them to act that way.”

Conner

“How do you suppose this will work? What if things don’t go as planned?” 

Neveah

“Conner, I know how to stop evil. The reason why evil keeps happening is because people always stop it the wrong way. They blame the effect rather than banishing the cause”

Act 4 Scene 2

Neveah and Madelyn are walking together finding Valentina. While Neveah is inside a building, Madelyn waits outside

Neveah

“I’m sorry what you had to go through. What happened hurt me just as much as it hurt you. You deserve to be heard as well, you have a voice, that’s more powerful than you think it could ever be.”

Valentina

“I’m sorry Neveah, I know why you’re here. And I’m not going back. I can’t face my demons. Just please leave me here where I’m alone from darkness.”

Neveah

“Hiding won’t make the stress dissaper. It’s just going to keep on growing until you have courage to stop it. You need to face your demons.”

Valentina

“I wish I could return but I can’t. There’s too much I have to put up with and I don’t know if I’m ready to take it”

Neveah

“I can’t promise you that life will be a smooth ride, but what I can promise you is that the nightmare will be worth fighting. You don’t have to go through the misery alone. I’ll be with you every step of the way, I promise.”

Valentina

“I shouldn’t bother going back. Everyone in Britain hates me for what I had done”

Neveah

“Madelyn and Conner sure don’t and I’m sure Camden won’t stop loving you just because of one mistake. Besides, it wasn’t even you’re fault what happened. You knew you only did it because of the way Bianca and Vanessa treated you, so why are you so scared to return?”

Valentina

“I’m not ready to face them. Not just yet. I need time to be alone, away from everyone who doubted me. I know you understand and I’m glad you do”

Neveah

“Of course, I understand. The reactions from the people you hurt are what confused me. Why did they wait, why couldn’t they prevent the violence before it spiraled out of control? You’re the one people should have had been sorry for”

Valentina

“Oh so let me guess. People now care, right? But before when I asked and cried constantly for help no one was there. Nobody seemed to care, but now that I decide that enough was enough, now everyone is all of a sudden upset with me”

Neveah

“I’m sorry you feel that way and society is messed up. You should have had never gone what you went through. I don’t care how evil someone is. Life is precious and no one can be replaced, not even you”

Valentina

“Thank you, Neveah”

Neveah

“All I want is for you to be content. It’s wrong to see my friend miserable and it’s even worse, not doing anything about it. I don’t want you feeling like no one cares cause someone out there does and that person is me.”

Valentina

“You actually came all this way just so I could feel better?”

Neveah

“I’m lucky to have you as a friend, and if someone wants to become your enemy then that means they don't appreciate you. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. I know that our friendship is strong and the fact that I believe in you makes our friendship even stronger.”

Valentina

“Thank you but right now all I want is to be alone. I’m sorry, Neveah”

Madelyn

“Sorry it didn’t work out”

Neveah

“All I wanted was for Valentina to feel important. I don’t ask for much. All I wanted was to prove that evil could be stopped, not through revenge, hate, or even anger, but through love, forgiveness, and understanding. Now everyone is mad, and all hope is lost. Why don’t I just give up right now? It will be easier that way.”

Madelyn

“Remember what you told me? No matter how difficult the dream is, it doesn’t mean that accomplishing it won’t be possible. Isn’t that what you told me?”

Neveah

“I did tell you that, didn’t I? That’s what I don’t understand. How come I’m so great at giving advice, when I fail at achieving my own?”

Madelyn

“Well life isn’t easy, believe me. If it were, then nothing would be worth fighting for. Life is full of challenges, but there is also a beautiful side to it. Whenever your struggles worsen, don’t think of it as your life getting worse, think of it as beauty being one day closer”

Neveah

“Why does Valentina have to be sorry? How come they don’t have to apologize for what she became? They have only been hurt once and they get the support while Valentina, who has been hurt constantly, gets nothing but looks of despair and discourteous remarks.”

Madelyn

“That’s the sad part about life unfortunately. A person can be tormented without their abuser facing a consequence, but if it were the other way around, it’s like the entire world is their enemy.”

Neveah

“If there was a cure to sadness, I’ll use it all the time”

Madelyn

“There is a cure, and it’s called music. Music can be thought of as medicine; in fact it’s the most powerful medicine of all. It cures you in an instant, vanishes your insecurities, and let’s you know that you’re not alone: something that normal medicine isn’t capable of”

Neveah

“If you think about it that way, then yeah, I guess it’s kind of true. People have no idea how important music is, until they need it.”

Madelyn

“Maybe we should go to an antique store. How does that sound? You might find something for Conner and seeing him smile would probably make you happier”

Neveah

“I don’t mind going as long as Valentina makes it back in time for the countdown”

Madelyn

“Don’t worry, have faith that everything will work out for the best”

(Looks at watch)

“We may want to get to the antique store. It’s almost 11:30.”

Neveah

“The countdown is in half hour. Valentina can’t miss out! She needs to celebrate with us. Oh crap! Oh crap! This isn’t happening, this is just a nightmare. What’s even worse is that I can’t wake up, this is a literal nightmare, it’s happening before my eyes. So technically, escaping is out of the question”

Madelyn

“Neveah, it’s okay. Stop worrying so much. Let’s just get to the antique store. Have any idea where it is?”

Neveah

“From what I remember, I think it’s several blocks down. The only problem is we won’t make it back in time for the countdown”

Madelyn

“Neveah, I think you’re forgetting something. We’re in the 29th century. We can arrive at the store in 5 seconds. Did you forget it’s 2815?

Neveah

“I almost did not know that. I guess I was so worried, that I forgot. Wait.. Why? Did you bring a jet-pack or special rocket skates?”

Madelyn

“Even better”

(Pulls out origami rocket ship boogie board)

“It’s a boogie board on jet fuel. I brought you one as well. It’s state of the art. Voted best product of the 29th century. Why not try it out?”

Neveah

(lays on boogie board)

“This is awesome! Where did you find this? I want one! Can I get one?”

Madelyn

(Is alongside here and doing the same thing)

“Neveah, I know you’re excited, but right now let’s focus on buying an antique for Conner”

Neveah

“Let’s just hope we don’t miss the countdown. The number 1,000 only comes once. There are no second chances, when it comes to arithmetic.”