Tragedy of Life | Teen Ink

Tragedy of Life

May 17, 2018
By tabishfaheem1 BRONZE, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
tabishfaheem1 BRONZE, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

MORAL OF THE STORY:
Everybody will die one day! So we should live the life happily and make life easier and happy for others too. We all make mistakes but the important thing is that to accept your mistake wisely. If you love somebody, show them that you love them and accept your mistakes. In that way, it builds a big loving relation and always remember! life is short keep in mind to accept it on time if it gets late like what happened in this Play you will lose everything.

Chapter 1: Tragedy of Life

Characters
Edward Lucas                  Old hard working rude farmer
Marina Haley                   Farmers rude wife, complains about everything
Anthony                           Farmer’s son, becoming rude like his father and mother

 

 

 

 

 

 

SETTING
Farmer’s old broken and dirty house

TIME
When sun is high on his peak. hot summer of 1950’s

 

 

 

 


SCENES

ACT I

Scene 1  A TV Lounge Afternoon
Scene 2 Attic One minute after
Scene 3 Bedroom After three days, Midnight

 

 

ACT I
SCENE 1
(A TV lounge, Afternoon. Edward Lucas came home after 9hours of work with the sweatshirt and dirty pants. He is tired of hardworking and now at home with his Rude attitude as usual. Suddenly! saw his Wife holding 20 years old group picture of both of them happily smiling)

EDWARD LUCAS:
(Making hard footsteps, tuk tuk tuk!)
I am not gonna cook now! give me food or I will kick you out from here, no matter what. I just can’t take it anymore!
MARINA HALEY:
Hey, look! I apologize it is my fault and I realized that I became so rude in couple years after we get married, and it just destroyed your life.
(Ashamed of herself as she ruined farmer’s whole life)
EDWARD LUCAS:
Yeah you destroyed my life, indeed you did, yes you did, now go far away from here!......., I need nobody to take care of this old rude guy. And Remember! I’m not gonna wait for you.

MARINA HALEY:
Hey I apologize I realized that I changed a bit…., But.
(Farmer’s stopped her in the middle of her talk)
EDWARD LUCAS:
(While breaking marina in the middle of her talk)
Yeah damn! You did you better realize, people call me rude, Anthony hates me that he doesn’t wanna call me father anymore and it is., aah! It is all because of you!
(farmer gave angry look and left the lounge while making hard footsteps)

 

 

ACT I
SCENE 2
(An Attic, hot Afternoon. Tired and Angry Edward Lucas left the lounge whispering and went to the attic)
MARINA HALEY:
(Followed Edward, in anger tone, screaming)
YEEEES! YEEES! YEES! I said I am sorry; Don’t you hear that! Why don’t you understand that I realized what I did! (Start Crying)
I am sorry! (Showing an old picture of them) Look! I saw this and realized that we were happy before! So so happy!
EDWARD LUCAS:
(putting his stick down and get closer to Marina)
Don’t you think that it is too late to realize? Look! Look! I barely walk without the stick. We wasted 20years blaming on each other and fighting.
MARINA HALEY:
(Crying hard in slow voice)
But I love you! And Will die if you leave me! It is late but isn’t better to realize that to not? Why don’t we start loving each other and everything will be back to normal?

EDWARD LUCAS:
(Smashed his hand on the desk)
(Marina get nervous and started shaking)
Dang, my life!
(Got faint! Bang!!)
(Fell on the floor)

 

 

 

ACT I
SCENE 3
(Bedroom. Three days later, Midnight. Edward Lucas get faint, as so much stuff was going on in his life together, After Spending three days in a hospital finally at home)
MARINA HALEY:
(feeling sad and loved)
That was me! That’s a big no no. I will never ever make you sad, no excuse nothing.
EDWARD LUCAS:
(In a sad and calm tone)
Love to see that you realized! (took a deep breath) but It’s not just you, that was me too who didn’t even try to make it work! I also keep going on and made it more complicated
MARINA HALEY:
(Marina feeling proud that both started loving each other)
No matter what happened at least we are back to normal. We will continue this until the end of our life.

EDWARD LUCAS:
(while staring into the eyes of Marina)
Yeah!  I am damn sure that we won’t fight again because life is so short. We don't know If I will wake up the next morning or not!
MARINA HALEY:
(Marina get sweat and her heart started beating so fast)
Hey! I will beat the crap of you! What do you mean?
EDWARD LUCAS:
(Edward hugged marina while smiling)
(Marina started crying)
(Suddenly Edward fell on the floor and passed away)