Ransom | Teen Ink

Ransom

June 8, 2018
By EmLove BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
EmLove BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Scene 1

MARTIN approaches the site JACK, the leader of the San Francisco Hawkeyes gang, requested to meet.

Martin: Is anyone here?

Shuffling is heard from off-stage. JACK Enters holding a gun.

Martin: Hello, who’s there?

Jack: Relax, Martin. We have her. If you give us what we want, your wife will be safe. If you don’t, well, we will be forced to use her to persuade you. 

Martin: Let me see her, or the deal’s off.

Jack: (Yelling) Crazy Tom! Bring her out here!

There is a muffled scream off-stage. CRAZY TOM enters holding SUSAN.

Crazy Tom: Here she is.

Martin: You okay, honey?

SUSAN nods.

Jack: There she is. (Starting to get annoyed) Now, give me the files containing the codes.

Martin: Okay.

MARTIN grabs a gun concealed behind a think envelope out of his coat pocket.

Martin: Here they are.

MARTIN shoots JACK. CRAZY TOM drops SUSAN, who is more shocked than scared. CRAZY TOM takes a few steps toward MARTIN before getting shot himself.

Susan: How did you get a gun and why didn’t you tell me about all of this?

Martin: Now is not the time to be having this conversation. We need to get out of here!

Susan: Fine, but we are talking about this when we get home.

Martin: Okay, okay, but we really need to go! 

SUSAN and MARTIN both run off-stage.

Blackout.