Bloody Mess | Teen Ink

Bloody Mess

By Kylie_chim BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Kylie_chim BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

She stood over the dead body with blood streaming down her arms and knife. The blood trickled down her hair and nose. “What have you done?” he asked. “I didn’t mean to, look I can explain.” She said.

“You don’t have time to explain, you have to clean this mess up before the police comes.” He said with a demanding voice. She couldn’t bring herself to touch the body, so she said “ you touch it please, roll the body in the carpet.”   

“Are you crazy? I’m not touching that bloody mess.” He said. She walked back and forth pondering about what she had done. “Is it worth going to jail for? Maybe I could run away and no one will find me.” She thought to herself. She took one glance of the body and threw up, she couldn't stand the sight of it.      

“Here, come on we have to roll it are you ready?” He said with a shaky voice. She paused for a moment then nodded her head. He tucked in the arms of the body, the long black silky hair, and folded up the legs. “Why aren't you helping me? You did this, this is on you.” He said. They both stared at each other with disgusted looks on their face.       

He rolled the body in the long black carpet quickly, not trying to make any loud noises. “I’m going to change and shake off what just happened.” she said. He gave her a grin and continued to roll the body in the carpet.

“Well this is just wonderful, wrapping a dead body in a carpet at midnight.” He said. She came back with clean clothes on, no sight of blood anywhere. She then put on a pair of gloves and helped him carry the body into a truck. “Why didn’t you give me a pair of gloves?” he asked her. She just stared blankly at his face not saying a word. They put it in the truck and went back to clean the blood off the floor. “Wow this is so easy to scrub off.” he said while scrubbing vigorously.  

After scrubbing for 20 minutes they finally got the blood off the floor. He gets up to go change but stopped when there was a loud knock at the door. They both were startled, “You go open the door.” he whispered, “No I’m not you are.” she whispered, “I can’t I have blood all over me.” he whispered to her. She didn't care at all, so he got up and looked through the peephole. It was the police, he didn't know if he should open it or not, he was shaking really bad while she stood there peacefully.  

He pulled the door open and the police started to question him. She ran out the back door quickly when he was talking to the police. “Sir you’re coming with us.” the policeman said. They took him away and she ran for her life, and was nowhere to be found.

This piece is a mircofiction story.