Boston; The Port City | Teen Ink

Boston; The Port City

October 27, 2019
By ckrulewitch BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
ckrulewitch BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Slowly the “thing” walked towards me with a devilish smile that almost made throw up just looking at it. It then said, still wearing its smile, “ You probably wish you didn’t come to the port city.” For some reason he calls Boston that. He took out a jagged piece of glass from his pocket and came even closer, than he moved to stab me! This all started two days ago.

Two Days Earlier

I had just graduated from Northwestern University Law School, and decided to go to Boston with some friends. At the beginning there were six of us. My friend's names were; Josh, Annie, Bill, Quin, Max, and of course I was with them. My name is Joseph Smith, I go by Joe. The first to go was Max, It happened so fast that I couldn’t stop him. We went to this pub that was supposed to be amazing, but it wasn't very good. It was full of people, we all ate and had a couple of beers. Then all of a sudden Max just walked up to this very large and shady-looking man and started to yell at him. The other guy threw the first punch and they started fighting.

After the Kerfuffle, the Shady man looked completely unharmed, but Max was passed out on the floor, at least that's what I thought, with the creepy guy looking at him with a huge smile. For a second it looked like he licked his lips. After a second he looked around at my friends and finally stopped looking me directly in the eyes and said “ I will come for each and every one of you until all of you are dead.” Then he smiled his creepy, scary smile and walked away.

Later we found out that Max was not passed out, but dead with a broken neck, spine and three broken ribs. Another way to describe him was WAY dead. At first I thought that was impossible, then I remembered how big the man was and understood. The next to die was Quin, as far as I know her death was the most peaceful or everyone; she was stabbed 19 times in the torso. It happened while the rest of us had just arrived at the hotel from the police station and were trying to get tickets home and Quin decided she wanted to go find food and asked no one to come with her. We found out when the police called us to tell us. When they asked us to describe who we think killed her, so we described the “thing”, after that they immediately told us to move on and left. 

Josh died next, he was picked off at a diner. He went to the bathroom and didn’t come back, we all figured he had run away. Honestly, none of us blamed him. We found out he was dead when we arrived at our hotel and they said we had got a package. We found a mutilated torso that was josh’s with a porcupine embedded in it. After that experience, we checked out of the hotel earlier and decided to sleep in the forest, where we thought nobody would find us. We were only in Boston for one day and three of us had died. We couldn’t find any flight so we bought tents and headed out to the forest. That night we all had trouble falling asleep, even the slightest noise made us sit up. Eventually, I was finally able to fall asleep.

When I woke the next morning Annie was gone! We searched the forest, but we could not find her. This time we didn’t call the police; because we knew they wouldn’t help us. We started searching the whole city it took us a long time, but we found an abandoned doll factory and were 99.99% sure they were in there. We could hear screaming from the inside and that was when we stupidly decided to try to save Annie.

After buying some knives from a hunting store we went in. There were so many disemboweled dolls and severed heads laying on the ground. We found the “thing” torturing Annie for no reason other than fun. We started running at him with our knives, when he saw us he proceeded to kill Annie by cutting her wrist and letting her bleed out. Then he walked up to Bill beat him up and stabbed him in the heart with a plastic leg that belonged to one of the dolls. I was not stopping and was able to get a stab in his shoulder before he knocked me out. 

That is how I got in this situation without help and a psycho walking towards me with a shard of glass. Then I realized the last thing I would ever see was this monster’s terrifying smile.