the silk ribbon choker | Teen Ink

the silk ribbon choker

January 14, 2020
By Anonymous

“Don’t worry, you won’t feel the pain soon.” My biceps tensed up as I pull the two ends of the dark red ribbon. The woman under the ribbon twitches and struggles. But to me, she looks like a swan flapping its white sacred wings towards the holy gates. my hands slowly ease as I revisit the deepest part of my memory.


4 years ago 


“Please kill me!” the 30 years old woman cried to me as she wiped her tears with her wrinkly hands that are scattered with sunspots. I scratched my head with my hand, which was covered with conspicuous scars. “This is hell. This is hell. THIS IS HELL.” she screamed after she noticed I didn't make a move. Her face looked ferocious. She kept on running her fingers through her blonde short hair and constantly pulled out a few strands of it. Tears ran down her cheeks, so did mine. 


“Daisy, Daisy, Daisy come and be my little angel, save me.” She stared at me and started to laugh. Her laughter sounded like death. She then handed me a dark red ribbon that she always used to tie her hair. She gave me a smile as if it was a confirmation that I am the implementer of her death penalty. She grabbed a wine velvet chair and sat in front of me. Her body was shaking. Due to excitement or fear? That’s something you should go ask her. I gently wrapped her neck with the silk ribbon and made sure to leave the two ends out so I had a place to hold. I let out a big breath and told her I don’t want to do this. She frowned and bit her bottom lip, her yellow rotten teeth sank into her lip. “Then do you really wanna see me suffer like this all day long, Daisy honey!” she cried to me as she pinched my thigh under my dirty dress, a place that doesn’t introduction attention, so the neighbor won’t see. At least that was what she told me last time when she tried to help me fix my attitude by striking me with a rope. 

I wiped my hand sweat on my dress and placed my hand on the ribbon again. My muscles tensed up as I slowly increase the force of my grip. The woman in front seemed like she was panicking. But the unusual few last words jumped out of her mouth were all positive. “Th...Th…..Thank you, my hon-” sadly, death didn’t give her enough time to finish her sentence. Her blue diamond eyes suddenly lost its shine. 


I stared at the dead body without a blink and squeezed out a smile. 

“ farewell, mama. Daisy will always be your little angel and save you.”  


That was how a 14 years old girl killed her mother. I thought as I indifferently reposition the dead woman in front of me. This is the sixth body this year. Yet, none of them thanked me the way my mama did. I shook my head and let out a sigh.