Velvet Rope | Teen Ink

Velvet Rope

By sydneykurtz GOLD, Battle Creek, Michigan
sydneykurtz GOLD, Battle Creek, Michigan

"I don't want to survive. I want to live."

She stroked her right index finger over the velvet rope that was hung around his neck. Slowly, but quick enough to show she didn’t have much concern for him or his comfort for that matter. When her finger made it to the end of the rope she let out a small laugh. As if suggesting he never meant anything to her at all, she tightened the rope cutting off circulation and limiting his airways. His face went purple and blue with distress until he finally went pale. His eyes slowly rolled to the back of his head and closed as he let out his last breath. Even with a busted lip she managed to crack a smile. “Gotcha,” she chuckled to herself. 

She went to the supply closet that was down the hall, grabbing a mop to clean up her other mess she had made. Water and soap slid smoothly across the blood splatters on the concrete ground of the basement. The blood turned into a variety of shades of pink until it was completely gone. Leaving the ground to look cleaner than before, she returned the mop and made sure to leave no signs of her whereabouts. She wiped the diamond ring that was around her finger, making sure there were no scratches or signs of distress left on the keepsake of her failed marriage. Looking at her reflection in the rock, she flashed a sly smile, knowing her job was done. The sound of her black, four inch heels echoed the halls as she exited the building. Knowing she was evil at heart, but also being perfectly fine with the idea, she left with a smirk on her face. For she knew, she had done what she needed to do in order to get what she wanted.