Accident | Teen Ink

Accident

April 26, 2022
By Anonymous

Accident

She wakes up from the floor. Immediately, her body trembles. It takes a second for her to recognize the small pool of blood spreading on the white marble floor. She tries to move her legs but instead, an excruciating shiver spreads throughout her body forcing a groan out of her.  She gathers the strength to lift the linen and sees a knife-sized wound displayed on her lower abdomen. It was gushing out the red liquid she was not used to seeing. Her mind scours for a solution, doubting a last resort. With no other choice, she painfully drags her body away from the pool of blood and towards an open door. Once she reaches a set of heated black tiles, she swings open a cabinet and fishes out a red bag, throwing it into the sink. Ignoring the stinging wound and her body’s commands, she got herself up onto the toilet. Reaching for the red bag, she pulled out a clean cloth and ripped the bottom of her shirt before placing the cloth on her wound and tying the long piece of linen around her waist. After at least stopping the bleeding, she staggeringly wandered to the kitchen. It was exactly where she left it. Shattered plates and wine glasses were scattered on the floor. Neglecting them, she reached for her phone and dialed 911.  

Seconds feel like hours, she thought. The smell of antiseptic woke her from her haze. She tried to sit up but a stinging sensation in her stomach stopped her from doing so. Before she can comprehend what happened, the door creaks open and a man in a white coat enters the room. An alarm rings above her head as the doctor gently ambled his way toward her. She looks up at him, a shiver running down her spine, ‘Can you tell us what happened?’ She pauses for a moment. A million thoughts circulate around her head. She could hear her heartbeat thumping through her ears as she started to remember. She flinched at the coming memory, his words raced around her mind like a loud radio ‘You are nothing without me -- I am your confidant!’. She played with her fingers, digging her nails into her palms -- “I need a lawyer.” 


The author's comments:

This is a flash fiction/ short story I wrote at school. This is my progress in writing something in a different genre.