short story: the neighbor next door.... | Teen Ink

short story: the neighbor next door....

September 9, 2022
By coovejay000 BRONZE, Larksville, Pennsylvania
coovejay000 BRONZE, Larksville, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"i would wish you the best but you already have it" - Blackbear


I've lived in this neighborhood all my life and I gotta say it's pretty damn good to grow up here. It's beautiful, it's safe and I just loved it until I found out secrets about my neighbor next door. She's always been a weird lady, always kept to herself and never liked people. I heard roamers at school about her killing her whole family and stashing their bodies in the walls and her house smells really bad from their rotting bodies. I myself enjoy a good murder story but never really belived them untit one night. 


I was sneaking out of my house one night to meet up with a boy I really liked. But I had to cut her backyard to get to the boy and not be seen so I jumped over her fence and ducked slowly moving alongside her house trying to get to the other side and not get caught. I've noticed she never has grass; it's mostly raised dirt and rocks. To me they looked like shallow graves but I didn't question it because she's a crazy old lady. I've also noticed that the outside of her house smells horrendous. Like something actually died in there. 


My stomach dropped instantly when I saw her coming from her basement dragging a garbage bag that was wreaking of death. I smelled it from where I was out of sight from her. Remember it's dark out except the little moonlight given. But under the bag I saw a dark trail of something as she dragged the bag from the basement. I gasped and needed to get out of there. She heard me as I stepped on sticks and got a glimpse of an intruder in her yard. Me. As soon as she saw me she ran towards me so I bolted and ran farther from her but she's pretty fast  for her age. I did a complete 360 in her yard, tripped over the piles of dirt a few times and made it towards the house. 

 


I ran towards the basement door and slipped on what I think was blood hitting my head on the cement and the last thing I remember before blacking out was her standing over my body. I woke up tired to a chair and in my horror I was surrounded by dozens of dead men. And she stood in front of me holding a 7 in hunting knife…..


The author's comments:

this is my first time putting one of my short stories online so forgive me if its not good lol.... im 16 and i have been writing short stories since i was 13, and i read to many books so i get my ideas from books sooo anyways i hope you enjoy give me some more ideas if ya want am all open thank you :)   lmk if its good enough for a part 2!