Thrill Saturday | Teen Ink

Thrill Saturday

This is a relaxing saturday afternoon, Billy asked his dad did he want to go out and have some fun? His dad replied, “Yeah son, where do you want to go?” Billy answered, “ Let’s go to the nearby river to ride our bikes.” Billy and his dad changed their clothes quickly and they were ready to go.

They took the elevator downstairs and unlocked the bicycles. And then they hang the stereo on the bike and set off. One the way, they told each other about some interesting things that had happened in their lives recently. The atmosphere is pleasant. Billy asked his dad, “ Can  we go to the restaurant for dinner after the cycling?” “ Sure. How about we go to the nearby Italian restaurant?” Dad answered. Billy excitedly exclaimed, “ Yay! My favorite!” Billy ride as fast as a horse because he want to end it quickly so that he can join the dinner.

After 10 minutes they reached near the river but they could not go in directly, they had to pass a narrow road first. Because the road was too small, as small as ants, so only one person was allowed to pass at a time. There were many trees and a deep pit near the road. That made Billy feel depressed. He gathered the courage to cross that road but suddenly the accident happened. He did not see the branch on the ground in front of him so he hit the tree branch. His bicycle wheels are too small so he couldn’t cross over this tree branch. This caused Billy’s bike to get out of control. Then the bike lost the balance and he fell into a deep bit.

In that moment, Billy felt a sense of weightlessness that he had never felt before and he also felt the extreme fear. The next second the pain spreads throughout the body. Before he could react to what was happening, his father shouted from behind, “ watch out! The bicycle is going to fall down!” At the time Billy was already overwhelmed so he was not able to avoid the bicycle. The bicycle hit his head hard. Almost made him pass out. Blood flowed down his head to his chin. A few drops of blood dripped to the ground. He struggled to stand up and look around. There were many trees, bushes, and some small insects around him. Because there were many trees, the light was dim. But in Billy's eyes, he saw the trees coming towards him and tried to attack him. Suddenly, the trees all stop. He heard a loud voice from above. “Are you ok son? Let me pull you out of the pit first. Give me the hand.” Dad shouted.

After pulling Billy up, dad used the phone to make a rescue call. Billy suffered a serious head injury. 10 minutes later, the ambulance arrived at the scene. They helped Billy simply bandage the head injury and took him to the hospital. Along the way dad was anxiety because he was afraid that his child might get paralysis. In the ambulance police asked Billy what was going on. “ I’m too scared so I vaguely remember accidentally falling into a pit and being hit on the head by a bicycle. I don’t know the details.” He answered. 

In the end, Billy was healed by the doctor. The doctor told them it was not a serious injury, it was just a superficial injury.  Both were finally relieved. After discharge from hospital, Billy and dad went to the Italian restaurant.