Friend To Killer | Teen Ink

Friend To Killer

By gramz22 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
gramz22 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

What seemed to be a normal group of friends, wanted to go camping, They had a cabin to stay in the middle of the lonely woods. It was a small, brown, creepy, old thing. It was just an ordinary night on October 16th, 2022. Bryan loved hanging out with his friends and family, so he decided to take his friends on a trip, Miranda, Joey, Jailin, Angel, Becky, and his best friend Jeremy. Jeremy wasn’t such a bright, happy person, but he was still his best friend.

Shortly after arriving to the cabin, they get their things settled in. Bryan told Joey to go with him to the store to get supplies to make smores. When suddenly they realize they’re being followed by a weird looking man. They panick and rush back inside to tell the others. Bryan yells scared but confused “ I think someone was following us! “. They didn’t know what to do, they started to work together to try and defend themselves from the mysterious man.

Jeremy suggests that they’re being dramatic and they should calm down and relax. He thinks they should just play a friendly game to get their minds off of the situation. When suddenly they realize that Miranda is missing! Miranda was a girl who was very curious about everything and always was known as someone who wondered off into the wild for an answer, so they inferred that she had gone out to look when they mentioned someone was stalking them.

They all look around the cabin, all the doors are locked where could she be? They go down to the basement to find a shocking, breathtaking, hideous surprise. Miranda dead on the floor, laying breathless with a blunt look on her face. Her face looked as pale as a scared toddler at a haunted house. “ THIS CAN’T BE REAL!? “, yells Jailin, horrified but grief-striken staring at the lifeless body on the floor. Jeremy looks around the room trying to figure out how can this be possible if all the doors were locked, he feels a breeze on the back of his neck. He turns around to see a window cracked open, “ guys look! “. They all turn to see the window cracked open, they immediately close it hoping they resolved the problem.

The guys tell the girls to stay inside so they can walk around the cabin to see if they find someone or something. Jeremy, Bryan, Joey, and angel all have weapons to defend themselves. They rush out to look for the killer or hints. POP!! Angel hears, running towards the loud noise to find the tires to the cars popped. Jeremy comes upon the killer struggling to shout, trying to fight and kill the killer, stabbing him 5 times leaving his body to lay on the roots of the floor for everyone to see, “ I killed him! I did ! “. The boys celebrate and rush back inside to tell the girls the killer is dead. They all jump with excitement knowing that they’re safe, suddenly the power goes out, pitch black not seeing a single thing, they all try to stick together, but they all separate ways to try and find a way to get the power on. They hear a loud bang, but they all decide to ignore it because the killers dead, what could that sound be?

The power comes back on, so they all gather around the living room. Hoping they have everybody, to their surprise, they don’t. Angel’s missing, but so is Jeremy… Bryan, worried for the others, decides to go looking around the cabin, praying something doesn’t jump out to get him. He finds Angel, “ DEAD, HE’S DEAD! “, just to look in the room beside it to find Jeremy cleaning the knife drenched and covered in the flesh of Angels body. He questions Jeremy, horrified but confused, “ why would you do this? “. Jeremy answers with a mean evil look on his face, “ it’s me its always been me, I deserve to be called the killer “. Bryan discovers that the person he thought was his best friend, was a killer in disguise, he was working with the mysterious man the whole time. Bryan furiously attacks Jeremy, and they fight till Bryan steals Jeremys knife and stabs him, killing who he thought was his best friend. The others run to see Bryan sobbing on the floor regretting killing his best friend but finally having a chance to breathe now that they’re safe. Never will they go back to the dark, scary, mysterious cabin that turns friends into killers.