MY Darkest Wanders | Teen Ink

MY Darkest Wanders

March 13, 2023
By LoserHyper_Clown BRONZE, Santa Ana, California
LoserHyper_Clown BRONZE, Santa Ana, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Diary


Dear Diary, I’m in class right now as I’m writing this, I may have to go home out of this human world. Others see me as a freak, and I don’t really care. As much as I hate my horrible heart breaking curse, it’s not fun but I have to deal with it since my brother gave it to me.


Chapter One


During class hours, I was sitting there bored, as I watched outside through the window puring hard rain. Clocks were ticking loudly as my classroom was an echo of caves that can repeat all over again. It started to give me a headache as I kept on yawning, not so focused on my studies. My 3 classmates looked at me as If I was going insane by the noises...it wasn’t true but I'll admit it for now.

 


The bell rang, as I was startled by the loud noise. I snapped out of my zoning out as I realized everyone left once again like always. Once again I looked out through the window to see that the rain has only gotten worse..I’m used to coming home during this type of weather. As I was finishing packing all of my stuff, I finally walked out of the empty dark classroom. I walked through the empty hallways and out the door just to see the awful rain.


The horrible rain looked like it has been through some hard times..I can really relate to that to myself if I must say. Raindrops fell onto my soft face..it was like heaven’s goddess were crying their hopeless tears on us all. I put my hoodie on as I just kept on walking looking down, of course it was dangerous to not look where you were going but what can I say?





I regret what I said. I accidentally bumped into someone..I didn’t mean to.


“ Oh god, are you okay!? ‘ Their voices..were soft. It was like heaven!

“ Yeah..no I’m fine..”

“ You look hurt down there, let me help you up! “   They held their hands out to me.


As I got up, I felt a bit warm inside of me but I ignored it. I looked at them with my grayish red eyes, they looked so pretty that I almost fainted to my own flower grave. They had the most beautiful eyes too, I can just look at them for hours but not myself realizing I was zoning myself out.


“ I’m so sorry for zoning out like that.. “ I slightly bow as my apologies.


“ Oh no no don’t be sorry, It’s kinda my fault for running into you, but hey no hard feelings right? “


“ Right..well my name is Arita Koito..what’s your name? “ I held my hand for a handshake but my oversized sweater sorta covered my whole hand.


“ My name is Masuda Rei!Nice to meet you Arita!You have a lovely name for someone my age to be at. By the way, why do you look so upset? Did something go wrong? “ They had so many questions for Arita, that they couldn’t even progress what just happened.




After a very long progress about the questions, I sorta answer half or some of them. I didn’t want to be rude and ignore all of them at once, I’ll be fair about that. It was a long talk, and we kinda arrived at their house. I was shocked about that but I didn’t really mind so I just waved goodbye and left. Once again I looked down but this time I was actually looking down at my phone realizing how late it was.




Dear Diary #2


Dear Diary.. I met a new friend.

My new friend was kinda filled with questions about me. I didn’t know how to respond or how to answer them but I tried my very best to answer any of their questions about me. They were really pretty, I just wished I could actually stay a bit longer but you know what they say…everyone has their own life to continue living am I right? But anyways..hope I see them again very soon, If I have that 50/50 chance to see them again.


As soon as I started walking away from their house, I soon made a black portal to my home..the void. As I made it back home inside the living room, I looked up to see my older brother and then at the clock ticking on the wall. He looked worried and concerned about me since I was gone for like one or two hours..I knew he had separation anxiety, and he couldn’t help it at all. I looked down to my shoes and to my chest, all soaked in the rain..I had no words or anything to reply or respond to. All I had to do was stay silent as a mouse..I just looked down and avoided our eye contacts.


“ Where were you this whole time..Arita. “ His voice was cold..rough and sorta soft. I had shivers down my spine when he spoke after our long silent conversation.


“ Isano..look I accidentally bumped into someone and I didn’t notice the time, I swear! “

My voice was very concerned and a bit shaky.


“You swear you just accidentally bumped into someone this whole time? I’m just worried about you, you know we're on our own together, I can’t risk losing you. “ 


“ I know..I know we both have problems and issues, but we are still siblings no matter the circumstances and the consequences to our actions..but I do swear I did bump into someone. “

There was only silence between us both. I noticed Isano starting to walk up to me and gave me a tight hug, I hestatied to hug him back but I slowly did anyway.



Tcx vcI soon let go, I then looked up at him..his short snowy white hair shimmering underneath the lighting with his colorless black fedora on his head. His white freezing scarf around his neck covering his mouth while his black glasses titling down his scarf..he even wore his black detective coat. I can tell he isn’t too happy… that’s okay I guess, I know how he is whenever I come home late or the next few hours. He stroked my short fluffy soft pinkish cherry hair, he ruffled it up a bit as it was already messy since the day I got up in the morning to get to school. My skin was cold and wet..the soft gentle wind can easily give me the chills down my spine. Not after a few minutes or so he soon started to speak softly but it was still rough and not too gentle. 


“..Promise me you will stop wasting time and come home early when your school finishes..”  He simply asked softly but he was serious towards me. I soon spoke softly in a comforting tone of mine… it was like a soft echo inside a crystal cave. 

“ I’ll try to..but you know I’m too distracted around people..I’m always anxious and you know this too… I have issues, I have problems but I’ll try to do my best to come home early. “ 


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece because I wanted to express my feelings when I write about my issuse and my problems, wanting to show how I felt deeply for what I'm going through. This piece is my own orginal story, I wanted to put in the people who helped me out and myself for what I'm feeling and going through. I've always imagine my stories as if I'm actaully there as my main characters.