Photonegative | Teen Ink

Photonegative

“I’ve checked your record, you’re too clean for someone who has been all across England,”

Said the detective, “Especially when I’ve tracked a lot of the missing persons have been to Dionysus.”

Dionysus - A winery run by one man, and has been so widely acclaimed, Dionysus has made its way all around England. The owner hasn’t shared his secret to why everyone likes his wine,

and doesn’t plan to.

“Detective Darcy was it? If we’re talking about missing persons, I have seen a few people walk out and never come back,” The winery owner said carefree,” Most of them left with people I didn't even notice.”

Darcy Daniel - A FBI detective trying to solve a case she has been personally brought into.

“I could say more but I’m just too interested in learning about you,” Said the owner with a peaceful smile but soul piercing eyes  “Why not order a drink and we could talk for a while?”

“I don’t like suspects that change the subject,” Said Darcy irritated, “According to your record, your name is Leslie Lignon, born 1919 and started business in 1942, correct?” “Yes,” Leslie said,” But you could know that just by reading the banner.” “What do you mean?” Darcy said keeping it together. “Maybe you should show me your badge,” Leslie said cheekily, “Maybe if you do that then I could tell you more.”

Leslie Lignon - Owner of Dionysus, the best vintner in Europe.

“Unfortunately, I forgot my badge at home,” Darcy said. Leslie chuckled, “You’re a good liar, but people who don’t remember their badges wouldn’t get hired.” Darcy looked at Leslie with a straight face, but Leslie could see through her lies like stained glass. “If you're not here to buy a drink, then you might as well head home. Nice meeting you though, I hope we see each other under better circumstances in the future.”

Darcy Daniel - Want-to-be detective, hard-stuck newspaper photojournalist.

As Darcy was on her way out of the building, she pulled out her camera. Leslie took out a glass and poured the wine for another customer. As Darcy took the picture, she noticed something.

Photonegative -  Monsters that can only be seen on camera. As the name implies, they will be colored in a photonegative palette.

As Darcy took the picture, she noticed something.  Not only was Leslie the photonegative, but so was the wine.

Photonegative

London, England

10/26/1951

Not my full vision, just an excerpt.