The Treasure | Teen Ink

The Treasure

January 10, 2024
By Anonymous

As I woke up on a cold winter night in the middle of December my closet door was glowing with a gold door instead of a white door which I normally had. I was frightened because it was something I have never seen before. “Should I go in?” I asked myself. I finally got myself to get up and check it out. My first instinct was to knock so I decided to knock. No one answered but I did hear water. I touched the glowing gold handle as I opened it I felt a spark. When I opened the door I was speechless. 

“Woah no way that is real!” I said walking through the door. 

There was an exotic island with the prettiest flowers, plants, animals, the water was the bluest water I have ever seen, there was a waterfall, there was the greenest grass, and the prettiest hills. There were also other exotic animals like flamingos and zebras. The flowers, plants, and animals started to sing a song.

“Welcome this is our home and we are excited to welcome you here, but you need to be careful,” A darling little plant said in the cutest voice.

“Okay no worries this is the most beautiful place I have ever seen, it feels so magical.” I said as the butterflies twirled around me. 

One of the butterflies flew out and wanted me to follow them.

“Follow me! I will show you something.” A butterfly said in a little cute high pitched voice. 

So I decided to follow the entire cluster of butterflies. They were pink and purple with blue accents. They were the prettiest things alive. They took me behind a waterfall and behind the waterfall was a treasure chest.. I did not know what to do at the moment.

“Go ahead and open it, it is yours now!” The butterfly said.

I started to open the chest and a big ray of shiny gold and diamonds came out. I fully opened it and it was so surreal. There was gold, bracelets, diamonds, doubloons, and even cash. It felt like it was too good to be true and then I heard a rumble come from the ground. I look outside the waterfall and then I see a huge herd of pirates come charging my way with swords and cannons!

“We got you to just stay back there!” The plants, animals, and flowers said as they got ready to defend me and the island. 

“You do not touch my gold or anything of that in there you heard! It is ours to be aware. It also may be cursed.” One of the pirates said as they tried so hard to reach me and the treasure. 

“You do not scare me whatsoever, I can take all of you on and literally crack you in half, you are all bones!” I said angrily at the pirates. I grabbed the treasure and ran with it further away so they would not get me. But then they started to come from all areas of the island. I was so shocked to see all the plants and animals protect me because I am so new here. I thought they would be on the pirates' side. The pirates started to disappear one by one and then they were all gone. The sun started to ray on something on the top of the great big giant hill next to the waterfall. It also looked like a throne. I think it might have been the queen of the island. The sun moved and finally revealed her face. It was the prettiest flower I have ever seen. My eyes lit up when I saw her.

“You have gained the plant and animals' trust. Now you have to meet me. I am the queen or the leader of everyone here. We have been waiting for you to come in here for so long to defeat the pirates. But you did not defeat the pirates, the plants did because of them trusting you so much that it built up their power to defeat them. Good job. You are now the queen of this magical island. Everyone will look up to you now because it is my time to retire. I wish you all luck. I trust this leader in taking care of everyone.”

“Thank you so much, this was so unexpected and I cannot wait to see what this island holds for me.” I said bowing down to her as she crowned me. I felt so powerful but also so honored. 

“I, as your queen, will promise to protect all of you and have a good life for all of you. Thank you so much for everything you have done to save me and this island. I will repay all of you.” I said as I sat down on my throne.

This was the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am so thankful I was brave enough to walk through that door. That door changed my life. Now I will change all of theirs and repay them by giving them a more nice and livable home. This is my new home.