Beyond the Dead | Teen Ink

Beyond the Dead

January 18, 2024
By camilam_1112 BRONZE, Congers, New York
camilam_1112 BRONZE, Congers, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was one hollow night. There was a group of friends on Halloween, Trick-or-Treating. They stopped at a spine-chilling mansion. Most of the friends said someone named Ms. Dudley died from some unknown cause in that house. Some friends didn’t want to go there now that this “story” was told, but one of them went and rang the doorbell. Absolute silence was heard just other kids laughing while Trick-or-Treating. The next day, surprisingly the house was on sale. About a few months passed, and this boy’s family bought the house and settled in. Milo Holloway was the boy’s name. He became close friends with the group of friends. One of the friends said, “This house is haunted, beware or be scared.” One day later, as Milo and his family settled in, eerie things started to occur. Eerie whispers at night, doors opening on their own, strange scratching noises. Milo started wondering if his friend was right, and he started to believe that this mansion had a life of its own. Alive… his first night in his new home, what could go wrong? Milo was lying in bed and he heard a faint scratching sound coming from beneath him as if a wolf or a dog was clawing at the floor. This sent shivers down his spine, but he had a feeling that it was just his imagination messing with him. Unfortunately, the sound was determined to not give up. Terrified, Milo slowly followed the root of the sounds. Which led him to a hidden trapdoor on the bedroom floor. With twitching hands, Milo opened the small door and saw this pitch-black cramped dark room. As he continued to inspect it, he saw a coffin. Panic arose as he realized what had happened to Ms. Dudley. She had died from an unknown cause but they have never seemed to find her body, had been buried alive. And now, it seems as if Milo is going to suffer the same fate. Desperately trying to find a way out. With every passing minute, he yells and yells but no one seems to hear him. The air grew thinner and the sound of her heartbeat pounded loudly in his ears. Milo cannot get out. He is now consumed by the spirit of Ms. Dudley, forever trapped in the very floors of the mansion. This tale serves as a warning to those who are curious and dare to disturb the spirits beyond the dead.


The author's comments:

I actually wrote this when I was younger and I decided to edit this and submit it.