The Deadly Stream (2) | Teen Ink

The Deadly Stream (2)

September 24, 2009
By AmazingGrace88 GOLD, Lake Oswego, Oregon
AmazingGrace88 GOLD, Lake Oswego, Oregon
13 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
No boys are worth your tears,
and the ones who are wont make you cry.


The fast flowing current of this deep stream was a reminder of the day that changed my life, for the better.
Five years ago I gave birth to a baby girl; it was an unexpected and rather unwanted mistake. My boyfriend left me, and I was left to take care of Jessica, a job I never wanted. Jessica was sweet, but stood in my way of getting my dream job and my dream family.
Three years ago my daughter Jessica was playing by a stream near our house, she was two years old, trying to skip rocks as I had showed her so many times before. She put a great effort into a throw that caused her to lose her balance and on the slippery edge of a large bolder. She screamed and fell into the stream; I spun around and saw Jessica being pushed under the currents of such a life sucking stream of water.
“Mommy, save me!” a smile crept upon my face.
I stood there watching her; she had a terrified face on, and was staring at death. I followed her down the river, to a pool of water that sucked her to the bottom of the whirl pool. Jessica struggled but was running out of energy and became limp. Her body was spit out of the turning water and was shoved to the edge of the pool. I looked at her for a minute checked for a heartbeat and found nothing.
She was gone…

Well, as they say,




“Accidents happen.”

The author's comments:
this is the disturbing version of this story.