The Simply Departed | Teen Ink

The Simply Departed

By actorsarecool SILVER, Zanesville, Ohio
actorsarecool SILVER, Zanesville, Ohio

"You can be happy, you just haven't found it yet."~ A random stranger.

Goddesses, swarmed all over the casting circle, they were celebrating as usual, the Samhain Circle was flickering lights from the lavender candles, the scent was memorizing. Some people would call this holiday New Year’s, how utterly normal. Ivy, the girl in the center of the circle was chanting, with utter, confidence. As the girls stared in what she thought was envy, and the boys stared with what she thought was lust. She thought she had the world at the palm of her hand, if only she new the truth. As she was speaking shadows danced in the corners looking like apparitions coming for the kill. She said, “As the New Year is reborn. With new hopes and dreams. Guide me in the future as in the past. Give me strength and trust, Knowledge and fulfillment; Assist me as I attempt to achieve my goals.” Ivy’s hair was dark as the Underworld, her eyes were boldly brown and eyebrows that gave her definition. Her face had such intensity that it was hard to look away; it was like her face was spell-bound in her presence. It was a full moon tonight, and it shined into the Glassed windows reflecting off the laminated wood. The room was small, the corridor, led to the Belended Away Cemetery, it was ancient old, strange enough it was still up. People never went their of course even through out the afternoon. Especially since all the stories. Humans were afraid of everything. Of course if they saw us here they wouldn’t understand, human’s never understood anything. They are too afraid to believe witches, demons, vampires are real, and it’s actually pretty entertaining. As the ritual was almost complete they put the sacrifice in the center of the circle, Ivy hovering over it. “You poor thing, you never had a chance, well I guess you better say goodbye.” She said. Ivy did. In her pocket was a blazing knife, indented with her name. Ivy Maslow. As she struck the knife down the animals throat thirteen times, everyone shrieked, it wasn’t part of the ritual. Then they knew they were performing black magic. She showed everyone her wicked smile sending chills down everyone’s spines; she was exhilarated, loving the kill. Ivy was a demon it was as simple as that, the humans that were surrounding the circle didn’t know what to do. The only thing they had to use for defense was the candles flickering throughout the rooms. So as naive it was at the time everyone started throwing the blazing flames at her body. It didn’t matter, she was to powerful. The flames surrounded her torso, with shock all over face. She didn’t know that the humans looking at her with determination and savageness would have the guts to attack her, at least this group.

“Fine is that how you want it. You know I was going to let you all live, but I’m sick of being nice,” said Ivy, indicating that they all were going to die tonight. “Ready to die a tragic-death.

All the humans exchanged looks of terror to the other. Most of them just looked at Ivy, the fire was dimming down and their was know mark or scratch on her what-so-ever. It didn’t matter now; they all were destined for death.

“Ready, Set, Go”!

It happened so fast she threw the candles down on the firm ground, cascading a treacherous fire. The bathroom-sized room was erupting with fire now, then the shadows of the corners started coming to life. Forms were developing silhouettes of multi-mutate creatures…then the dim room of fire, suddenly become full of angelic-light. Ivy new who it was. As usual she ignored the cries of anguish. “Dumb humans she noted consciously.”

Ivy’s forceful power only took a second to go across the room. She faced her sister that she hadn’t seen in centuries. Her face was full of intensity, that it was hard to say that she was scared-to-death.

“Hello, sister,” said Ivy, in such a calm voice as though they were old friends, but had a slight edge to it.

The angelic young-girl had a light about her that was hard to define; her hair was pale blond it looked like she had a halo around her beautiful face. It seemed like any minute now the heavens would reveal themselves to her.

Like usual she was as serene as Ivy sawed her centuries ago.

“Hello, sister I see your having quite fun with the humans,” said the girl with the glow, showing that the bodies burning beyond them isn’t even their. She walked over to the humans performed the “magic of light” and soon the humans, started waking up, confusion arose on their faces. It seemed like they never even saw the two and was in daze, they just left, just like that. Yes, it was that easy. For them anyways.

“Thanks, but I really didn’t need any help,” said Ivy, showing such calmness it was almost shocking. Then she glared down at her sister.

“It’s time to die,” was all Ivy said.

As the knife rose across her sister’s chest, the humans came back this time with sharp canine’s growing out of their mouths.

The all said, “It’s your turn, including Ivy’s sister.”

Ivy streaked with such terror; they struck the knife down her heart thirteen times.

A few days later, Ivy woke up. Shrieking like a horse and she was sitting in her sister’s grave from centuries ago. “I didn’t mean to kill you was all she said.” It was true Ivy did kill her sister but not like this story just simply out of envy. Ivy dreamed this very nightmare to try and take it back only, it was only fantasy. This time she really woke up only this time she was in a mental institution.

The nurse came in her room and said “It’s your turn.”
That’s all it took for her to crack a simple sentence.

This is another story, I'm working on; I hope you enjoy it.

PaperPlanes BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see it." -Confuscious

This story has a lot of potential. There's just a few convention errors.. Watch out for those. :)

actorsarecool SILVER, Zanesville, Ohio

Thanks for commenting., i really appreciate it.

actorsarecool SILVER, Zanesville, Ohio

Thanks for the feedback!

-Kal- GOLD said...
-Kal- GOLD, Carthage, North Carolina

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and recieves the impossible"
-Anonymous

The story was intersting, but it needs a little work on grammer. Also, be sure to use punctuation (especially commas) the correct way. Other than that, it was an interesting story and good job :)

This was really fantastic. You certainly have a knack for writing. Keep it up.