Schools Out: Part 5, The End | Teen Ink

Schools Out: Part 5, The End

By JeffN GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
JeffN GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma

"God Put Us Here On This Carnival Ride, We Close Our Eyes, Never Knowing Where It Will Take Us Next..." Carrie Underwood--Carnival Ride

The cop pulled in the parking lot. Brooke felt hope, and heart raced. She looked behind searching for Baker, he could be any where. Brooke slammed her hands on the glass door, getting the cops attention. He pulled around to the front and stepped out of the car with flash light in hand, he shined it at Brooke.

“Help me! Please!” Brooke yelled. She tugged on the door to show that it was locked.

The policeman came to the door and looked at the lock on the door, “How did you get in here miss?” He asked.

‘The teachers! They put me in here! Please open the door, please!” Brooke begged. She looked and saw that Michele’s body was gone; all that was left was a puddle of blood.

The policeman took the chain that locked the door and opened the door. Brooke jumped in his arms and clenched his back. “Please get me out of here! There is a crazy man in there he has a gun!”

“Calm down miss, and please step back.” He tried to pull her off but Brooke clenched.

“Please! We have to get in the car and get out of here!” she yelled.

“Are you under and alcohol or drug use miss?” He asked and pulled her off.

“No!” Brooke screamed. “Why don’t you under stand!? We have to get out of here Bak—“she stopped.

The cop starred at her blankly and some blood dripped out of his mouth. He fell to the ground, and Baker stood behind him breathing harshly. An axe stuck out of the policeman’s back, and he fell on his stomach…dead. “Oh my god.” Brooke said. She turned around and ran.

Baker took the Axe out of the cop and swung it back and stabbed the cop. He swung it over and over cutting the cop into pieces. Blood squirted and got all over Baker and the doors.

Brooke sobbed as she ran; she didn’t know where she was going. She ran into the Cafeteria kitchen, they must have knifes, she thought. She needed a weapon. She needed to hide. The room casted a blue light through out the kitchen. No light was on, but some how the room was blue. She searched through the drawers, she could barley see. She felt around poking her self from some of the object. They didn’t feel like a knife. She kept searching. She felt the pots and the pans, but no knife. She got down to the last drawer she opened it and felt around. A noise came in the back ground and her heart stopped. She carefully felt around trying not to make a noise.

“Brooke?” Baker called in the kitchen.

Brooke’s eyes widened and she poked her self hard, she felt blood run down her hand, and it was sharp. It was a knife. She grabbed it quickly and shut the drawer carefully. She ran to the oven and hid behind it, there was a dark corner. Baker wouldn’t be able to see her in here.

She pulled her knees to her chest and sat there sitting quietly barley breathing.

“Now, I know you are in here.” Baker’s voice echoed and bounced off the walls. “I saw the blood marks on the door.”

“S***…” Brooke said quietly under her breath.

“We both know that you are not gonna get out of here alive, so why fight?”

Brooke clenched the knife strongly in hand.

Pans hit the wall as Baker threw them. Brooke flinched, but kept quiet.

“Just come out! You lost! No one is going to help you!” He bellowed and kicked the some of the metal pans that laid on the floor when Brooke searched for a knife. He then kicked the oven and that made Brooke flinched again and made a small noise that came out of her mouth.

Baker paused.

Brooke stopped breathing.

Hands were on her and she screamed. Baker grabbed her by the waist and pulled up from the ground. Brooke screamed, kicked, and hit. She dropped the knife and had nothing. Baker dropped the Axe and threw Brooke over one of the counters; she knocked off the pans and hit the floor. Brooke rolled over on her back, pain shot up her back as she landed on the pots and pans. Baker picked up the Axe and walked over to Brooke. Brooke started to craw back as she saw Baker. He lifted the Axe and Brooke screamed, he swung it down but Brooke turned over quickly. Missing her, she looked back and kicked Baker in the knee. Baker fell to the ground, and grabbed Brooke by the hair.

He pulled her close and put his arm around her neck and started to choke her. Brooke fought back, feeling her air being pushed out of her lungs. She kicked the counter but couldn’t get free. Something clunked to the floor, Brooke suddenly grabbed feeling it, and it was the gun.

“It’s almost over Brooke,” Baker said.

Brooke took the gun and it turned it upside down and clunked Baker over the head. He immediately let go, the air rushed back in Brookes lungs and she coughed in relief. She got up quickly still coughing and pointed the gun at Baker.

“Don’t move!” she screamed and coughed.

“Put the gun down Brooke,” Baker said calmly still rubbing his head.

“No! Stay put!” Brooke didn’t know what to do. Shoot him? Or run?

“You’re gonna hurt your self.” Baker said, and tried getting up. Brooke suddenly shot him in the leg. He screamed and grabbed his leg in pain. “You are so dead!” he bellowed. He rolled on his side hold his leg, “Everything you love will die!” He screamed.

Brooke pointed the gun at him and Baker looked at her in the eye, “You won’t see any of my love ones…” Brooke said and put her finger on the trigger and pulled it. She shot him in the chest and his head fell to the ground.

Brooke shook; she never killed anyone in her life. She limped her way to the door; she had to get out of here.

“DON’T YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME!” Baker bellowed at Brooke.

Brooke turned around, Baker stood up screaming at her blood running down his chest. “YOU COULDN’T KILL ME IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE!” Brooke pointed the gun and shot, the bullet hit the Oven gas tank. Fire was in her eyes and the whole room exploded.

Brooke woke up to a burning pain. White lights were in front of her. She was in a room some where, a hospital? It was a hospital. The beeping noise was in the back ground. She looked around, a lonely hospital room. She sighed in relief. It was over.

She looked at her arms and hands, they were burnt. Her skin black with no skin on it. Brooke gasped and felt her face, her flesh felt like rough tire rubber. Brooke immediately began to cry.

The door opened slowly. Brooke looked up hoping it was a nurse. The lights turned out, and Brooke was confused.

“Hello?” Brooke asked between sobs. “Nurse?”

“Hello Brooke,” the noise seemed familiar.

“Nurse?”

“No. It’s Baker… Schools Out.” His face was in her face, his burnt flesh and blood dripping on her blanket. His hands grabbing her neck and she could feel the hot sensation his hands. Brooke screamed and kicked.

“Wake up Brooke! Wake up!” The nurse screamed.

Brooke kicked and screamed and didn’t wake up from the dream. Brooke’s mother stood in the corner crying on her husbands shoulder.

Brooke screamed, and screamed.

This is the last chapter of the "Schools Out" series. Will Broke survive? Thank you guys for the comments and the star approval. Please follow my new series "My Valentine". Thanks for the support!

whateverjuliet BRONZE, Miami, Florida

true love never dies,it only gets stronger with time.

i loved this series, it was so awesome and suspenseful!

whateverjuliet BRONZE, Miami, Florida

purple unicorns?

I Lieked the part with the flying magical purple Unicorns.

Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut

I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

THIS IS THE BEST! All of the parts are amazing! 5/5

makemelegendary BRONZE, Prescott Valley, Arizona

"Open your eyes, look within. Are you happy with the life you're living?" -Bob Marley

WOAH! So yeah, I just read the whole series. Wicked story! It would make a stellar movie, I love it. Totally spine-chilling(:

xhiddeninsomniax SILVER, North Syracuse, New York
Wow this was great. I started to read part one and couldn't stop. I read through this whole series at once. You had a great idea behind your stories and the only thing wrong were a few grammer/spelling errors. But other than that it was great! I can't wait to read more of your stuff!

melodeess GOLD said...
melodeess GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
WOW this is great! :]

JeffN GOLD said...
JeffN GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma

Yay I have a #1 Fan! I hope you enjoy My Valentine, I turned in My Valentine part 2 but they deleted it so looks like I have to re-write again. But I hope to have it up as soon as possible just for you.

Sincerlly

Jeff

LaylaViolet said...
OM freakin' G. I absolutely LOVED this series, no matter how short. Totally amazing. I am now you're number one fan!!! and i'm definitely checking out 'my valentine'!! A++

SaraRoxsHerSox SILVER, McVeytown, Pennsylvania

"Brochacho!"

Oh my gosh! That was AMAZING!!!!!!