Telekinesis | Teen Ink

Telekinesis

By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell

Tara Sanders was special. The ability she possessed made sure of that. The doctors were astounded. They had never seen anything like it.
“This girl is special. She should be put under 24 hour surveillance.” The Chief Doctor at Springfield Medical said.
“But what if we provoke her by keeping her locked up? She could kill us!”
“I understand your concern, but the room that she will be placed in will ensure that she can’t penetrate it.”
“If you say so chief,” The Chief Doctor’s assistant replied.

Tara was immediately apprehended from her modest home in Springfield, Arizona. She screamed as she was forcibly dragged from her room. Why she didn’t use her power to get away was beyond the police.

They took her to a small padded room and wrapped her in super sticky adhesive tape. She screamed and they taped her mouth too. She was thrown on the floor and locked in the room. Thoughts about leaving immediately entered her head. She began plotting, thinking, planning.

The only escape route that was visible to her was when they came to give her food. Although, she thought, the tape might be a problem. She squirmed and squirmed but could not break the bonds the tape had on her body, as well as her mind. She was suffering, her mind was depleting.

An hour later, the door opened. She stared at the guard with unforgiving eyes. He held the door open with his foot and Tara could feel some energy flowing into her body.

The tray was removed from the guard’s hands as his eyes got wider. The door shut instantly behind him and Tara noticed the blood drain from his face. She threw him against the wall with a quick flick of her head. He hit the wall and fell to the floor, unconscious.

Tara had to be quick. She knew the power would be draining again soon. She removed the tape with a nod of her head and walked to the guard on the floor. She removed his gun and walked to the left side of the door.

A half hour later, another guard entered the room, surprised to find the other guard out cold.
“We have a code—,” he began to say as a force pushed him against the wall. Tara. She pulled the silencer out of the man’s pocket and put it on the gun she was holding. The man begged for mercy as she shot him in the chest. She walked to the other man and killed him also.

Tara looked at the door and it unbolted from its hinges. She walked from the room and instantly killed the guard running toward her.
“Security breech!” The alarms sounded. Tara sprinted down the many confusing corridors, killing anyone in her path. They were no match for her.

Tara left the mental institution, leaving no one that worked there alive. She had a glow about her. An evil glow. She never knew she had such a knack for killing people. Tara walked to her parent’s house and ripped the door off. Her parents stared at her as she raised her hands.
“We never meant—!” Her mom started to say as Tara tore off a sheet of glass and sent it flying toward her mother. Tara’s father started to run, but he was picked up and thrown out the other window. He was killed.

Tara Sanders. The girl with supernatural telekinetic abilities rampaged through the town, killing everyone.

We may never know why Tara acted the way she did. Her abilities were a mystery to all they affected. And all they killed.

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

hahaha. when I wrote this one, I was thinking of Carrie by Stephen King and I figured I would do something similar.

O.O Well, this is the last time I view superpowers as even kinda cool without a dark side.....