Hostage | Teen Ink

Hostage

By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell

Mr. Thompson picked Eddie up and carried him into the school.
Eddie screamed as he watched the doors swing shut behind them.
Mr. Thompson was very cogent. He would just not let Eddie go.

“Your many attainments, Eddie, they are astounding. I mean, straight ‘A’s’ all through high school, it’s impressive. Mr. Thompson said as he carried Eddie into a secret underground room.

“What do you want with me?” Eddie demanded.

“I would like to know which company you are affiliated with. The CIA? FBI? Come on, which one is it?

Eddie worked undercover with the FBI. He did not want Mr. Thompson to know that.

“You are not invulnerable, Eddie, no matter how much you think you are.” Mr. Thompson told him, chaining him to a chair.

Eddie watched as Mr. Thompson grabbed a crowbar from behind a computer. His full malevolence was coming to light.

“A few years ago, your parents bequeathed to you a set of documents, did they not? I would like those documents, Eddie.”

“You are never getting anything from me!” Eddie mocked.

“You know, Eddie, when you are breaking someone’s bones, you must be scrupulous to not damage any major organs.”

“You’re an evil man and your crimes will not be venial.” Eddie muttered.

The documents passed down to Eddie were very valuable. They were nuclear missile launch codes, which Mr. Thompson wanted.

Mr. Thompson raised the crowbar and hit Eddie in the arm, shattering a bone.

“It would be an awful thing for me to have to expunge your grandparents, Eddie.”
Mr. Thompson threatened, and he pressed a button on the dashboard next to him. Eddie watched in horror as explosions erupted around one central point, his grandparent’s house. The explosions seemed to be converging on that point.

Eddie started writhing in his chair. He wanted to hurt Mr. Thompson.

“Give me the documents!”

“Never,” Eddie responded, and he got hit in the stomach with the crowbar.

“Fine then,” Mr. Thompson replied, and Eddie watched his grandparent’s house explode.

Eddie yelled and was hit repeatedly until he died.

Mr. Thompson was never heard from again after that very unfortunate incident.

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

Breaking Benjamin is my favorite non christian band and Demon Hunter is my favorite christian band. idk why it wouldnt let me post this on the other thread..

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

same here. ur not the only one.

well, at least my address is not the only one that messes up. ugh, i hate it when it doesn't let me log in....

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

I kno! its ridculous! and yeah thats good that ur email works! :) mine was being weird earlier and I couldnt log in...it wasn't good..

GUESS WHAT: my email address finally works! so now i have, like, a million emails from Teen Ink...

point? i was not avoiding you for any reason. :D i just didn't know you'd replied or anything.

i swear, sometimes my email address really hates me...

and why didn't it let you post something longer? that doesn't make any sense! it shouldn't have a word limit!!!

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

so get this, i was trying to put one of my longer stories on here but it wouldn't let me..:( I was really disappointed

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

sure thing!

ahhh, ok. thanks for explaining!

SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

this was actually a story i wrote for English class with a prompt that my teacher picked. I didnt specify his age because it would have not fit with the story. the boy wa supposed to be ten or so but it turned into a college student...idk

I'm slightly confused as to Eddie's age. At first I thought 10ish, because he was picked up at the beginning with little or no effort shown on Mr. Thompson's part. Then maybe teens because of the school and... well, if he's working with the FBI/CIA, then he must be college age or older, right?

esist SILVER said...
esist SILVER, North Richland Hills, Texas
Its pretty good, but what exactly happened? I agree, it is a little rush and I like the picture with the books by Ellen Hopkins.~

Ruth_Ann BRONZE, Sidney, Ohio

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

It is good, but the endings a little rushed. Maybe you should add some to the middle of the story.