Drifting | Teen Ink

Drifting

April 24, 2010
By Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan
8 articles 6 photos 211 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison


I felt the barrel of the gun jab into the back of my head. Maybe I should have been afraid, but only peaceful thoughts were on my mind. Soon it would be over; I’d have nothing to worry about. I’d be done with all this pain. The thought made me smile. Death had never seemed so beautiful.
“Do it, pull the trigger!” I whispered almost eagerly to the shadow behind me.
“Do you really want this? It is a permanent decision you know. You’ll never be able to go back, you’ll be gone. Forever.” The shadow said laughing harshly. He wanted this more than I did. He wanted me gone. Dead.
“Yes, I—I’m sure.” Once the words left my lips, I heard the gun go off with a sickening crack. My body crumpled to ground and lay there in a mangled heap. All the life and warmth I had ever had was now gone. It had already drifted away into nonexistence.
My thoughts twirled backward, I quickly relived every moment of my life, at least, I think it was my life. I couldn’t remember at that point. The memories slowly took over my mind; it was like I was under a trance. It suddenly broke off when I heard a faint voice. A harsh voice that was barely audible.
“She’s gone, dead! Off to burn!” vicious laughter followed shortly. The voice seemed familiar, but I couldn’t trouble myself with that. I was heading to flames, already the burning sensation had me trapped in its fiery walls.
“Burn child, burn in the flames!” the voice cackled, “BURN!” Those were the last words I heard before slipping completely into my personalized he11, the last words I heard before I drifted to the eternal flames.