true beauty | Teen Ink

true beauty

By tabalee14 SILVER, Manomet, Massachusetts
tabalee14 SILVER, Manomet, Massachusetts

"be who you are and are who you be"~tab

Once upon a time, there once sat a house high on a hill. it’s completion was so dreary and dark. The shutters half strung and slanted in every which way. The gutter dangling from the roof and flailing in the wind. The towns people used to say it was where you go to never return , but this was just a myth…The towns people all made mockery to the house as they would walk by. The children also would gather around the front of the house on late evenings to frighten each other . One day the children were all playing around and one fellow dared the other to enter the house. Being a child of course he would enter the house . So all the children gathered around the young boy walking to the front door of the house. The young boy opened the door with deep creaking noise that made all the other children jump and send chills up and down there spin. The young boy still continued to enter the house. It was dark but the sun was shining through the big window in the front. The boy entered the house and the door shut on a quick whim behind him. You would think the young boy would turn around and open the door and run for his life but instead he stood looking in awe… Of the chandeliers of crystal hanging from the never ending ceiling and the wooden floors so finely polished and glimmered his reflection back at him. The stair well had the finest wood work around. The young boy hollered with excitement and the door opened quickly and the children rushed in thinking there friend had disappeared. Yet no he instead greeted them with a ,”hey guys look at this!” The children all stood looking in amazement . The children left the house to tell there parents of there great discovery and the word traveled quickly through the towns people and the house was once again recognized for its true beauty…!!!

7Ariel7 BRONZE said...
7Ariel7 BRONZE, Plymouth, Massachusetts

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

WOW!! tab you def have a real gift for writing, bc all your writing had deeper meaning behind it, keep pursuing. i love you!!!! <3 4ever, Hals

hey tab.,...i love you just so you know!!!! i love this story and all of the things you write. you have such a gift as an author~never give it up! i love you and i will always be one of you bfffffs!!! byee

~Megs

P.S.- i wanna read your book!