I Am Free | Teen Ink

I Am Free

By Meli14 BRONZE, Othello, Washington
Meli14 BRONZE, Othello, Washington

"god is love, and love is real"

On this lonesome evening, A march afternoon. The lights are off in this dark place, all I can see is the image I hold in my thoughts. "Him" the man. He's tall, light skinned, and dressed in torn clothes, I can't see him anywhere. I'm hiding under A blue aged table covered with thick clear plastic. I lay there trying not to make sound, but my throat does not let me. My lungs do not let me lie there in silence, I cant help it but cry.
All I can think about is not being able to get out of this abandon shack. If I get up he will hear the noise of the plastic sweep across the cold concrete, but if I stay here what will happen to me. The shameless man, what will he do to me if he captures me, I do not know.

If only escaping was an easy procces just as it sounds; leaving, running away. But no word cannot illustrate what I want to happen. As my breathing recovers I get up from under the table trying my best not to make A sound. But pulling off the plastic I make A slight vibrant noise, but everthing seems still. The window; broken, shattered, and easliy I can cut myself. I think to myself "This is the only way". So I decide to jump out and run in any direction possibly leading me free.

Draging my legs out the window I feel a tug on right my foot. Oh no whats happening. My escape is almost perfect, what is pulling me back. I look up to see; there he is, the man. He was waiting there all along, waiting for me to try to escape, waiting there to see me fail. I hollar at the top of my lungs "Let me go". And at that moment as if god heard me all the way from the heavens, A tug on my torso is helping me flee. As the man letting loose of my legs, I fall oh so gently on the ground. Nothing could explain what just had happend. Only that I was protected, perhaps by a man I have never knew existed. Jesus Christ, I had only heard of him in storys, but never payed A close attention to his miracles. Like mine just now, he set me free from that delinquent. Thanks to this man, he set me free.

This just came to me, I'm not sure how. But I'm trying to expain God, and how great he is. I hope you like it, thanks.

mariel_f BRONZE, Emerson, New Jersey

"so we beat on, boats against the current borne back ceaselessly into the past"

nicely written. this could definitely be a frame for a much longer piece but i really like it. great work! (despite a few grammatical errors)

Ashley97 BRONZE, Noord, Other

To write is to express your inner thoughts through your imagination.

I liked the story, even though the grammatical incorrections irritated me a bit. But the plot is nice. If I were you, I would have made the story a bit longer and more detailed though. (Please check out some of mine)