Somehow | Teen Ink

Somehow

December 21, 2010
By vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire
vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire
12 articles 0 photos 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives you oranges, make grape juice and sit back and let the world wounder how the hell you just did that.


Do you know what I mean when I say, “I’m not so sure how I got into this situation?” and “Why me?” If you can relate, this is a story for you.

I find myself saying the things above…a lot. I also seem to get into certain life or death situations, but somehow, I escape at the last second. I can’t say I know why, but I can say know how.

Fate.

You see, fate is a funny thing. They’ll put you in this ridiculous situation, only to pull you out of it at the last second. It’s called “teasing.” It’s like they tease you long before your real death, just to keep you on your toes. If you’re not on your toes, they spring it on you. If you are on your toes, they spring it on you. The point is, they spring it on you no matter what. Whether you expect it or not, they don’t care. For them, it’s none of your business. For us, we think it is our business because we are involved. In reality, this is their world and they control it.

So, somehow, I need to find a way out of this one. Without listening to the three voices in my head, directing me. Telling me what to do and how to do it. It’s going to be very difficult, especially since I don’t know how I got in this situation or what to do when you’re hanging upside down with rope coiling around your whole body like a snake.

That was exactly were I was. I was in a dark room, not completely dark yet. I still had one light bulb that was lit. I was hanging from the ceiling by the end of the rope near my feet. The rope went from the tips of my toes to my shoulders. I had no knife, nothing to protect me from the strange person who brought me here. I had absolutely no way out.

But…I had to find a way…somehow…there had to be a way!

But there isn’t said a voice in my head. The first Fate Sister. She is the one I hated the most. She was so negative.

This is your real death. The second sister sneered. She was my favorite out of the group, if I absolutely needed to pick. She usually got me out.

You will die soon, dear…just you wait…we have a special death planed for you. I hated the third sister just as much as I hated the first one. She always planned these stupid things.

“I’m…this is my what?” I yelped. This couldn’t be, I’m only 17.

This is your real death. They all snickered at the same time. Gosh, they were suck B****es. All the time.

“So you’re saying this is my real death,” I asked sarcastically. “You expect me to believe that?”

There was a noise behind me. Then a growl. I couldn’t turn around, I was stuck.

A sharp, burning pain hit me, right in the middle of my back. I spat. Blood came. I was actually dyeing.

Well, somehow, this totally sucked.

Everything went black.


The author's comments:
this was an on-the-spot thing...hope u like it!