The Cabin | Teen Ink

The Cabin

February 1, 2011
By Redd554 SILVER, Verona, New York
Redd554 SILVER, Verona, New York
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Chapter 1
Amanda


“Im going to die. Im going to die,” I thought as I heard the growl again. I kept running away but I knew I might not leave the woods. Alive. The woods were becoming denser and the branches were becoming harder and harder to get through. However I couldn’t stop. Not with that thing chasing me. The leaves were crunching beneath me as I ran through them. Try as I may there was no way to outrun that thing. The rain was pouring down harder and the thunder was getting louder.
Growl! I started to run as fast as I could. It was completely night and it was getting harder to see. My heart was beating so hard it felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. All of a sudden I felt something hard on my ankle and I screamed and fell to the ground landing hands first. I sat up and looked at the log that had tripped me. I then looked at my hands. Deep cuts marked my hands with blood oozing out. My knees were no better. I held on to a tree branch and pulled myself up.
I had to get out of here. I looked at the tree and saw a huge mark across the tree. Like a claw mark. It was huge at least 7 inches long and at least 3 inches deep. I backed away from the tree. I heard the growl again but I couldn’t move. I started to shack I was so scared. I heard it coming closer and closer. The trees started to shake and then everything stopped. There was no noise, no movement.
“Did it leave?” I thought as I turned around to check. As I turned I came face to face with the monster. I screamed. The monster let out a growl and bared its teeth. I tried to run but the monster jumped on top of me and struggled to get at my throat. Finally with the last ounce of strength I kicked at it and screamed into its face. It was all in vain. The thing clamped down on my neck and its teeth pierced my skin and sucked my blood. I couldn’t struggle anymore because I knew I lost. I closed my eyes and tears flew down my face.

The author's comments:
I had a dream and I just started writng down and edting and this is what I got so far hope you like it