Nightmare | Teen Ink

Nightmare

By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio

"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell

My name is Marvin. I see things differently than everyone else. Evil things.

I see myself dying every day. Being killed, murdered. I can’t get away from what I see. It haunts me.

I slid down my stairwell into my dining room, I was ready for school. I am eight years old and in second grade.
“Mom?” I asked.

No answer.
“Mom?!” I screamed.

I waddled into the living room and saw my Mom hanging by a rope. She had hung herself. I blinked and saw a man behind her, he was holding a rope. Had he done it? The man smiled evilly and walked away.

I blinked again and it was like reality swept back into me. I saw my Mom hanging, but no man was behind her. He was nowhere to be found. I slowly sauntered up to my Mother’s blue body and touched it. It jolted and fell to the ground in front of me. My Mother’s twisted face stared at me.

I screamed and ran into another room where my seventeen year old sister was holding me by the neck. Me? But I’m right here… I flinched as I saw my sister break my neck. I watched through my fingers as my body fell, head jiggling with no neck to support it. I cringed as my sister took her own life with a knife she had nabbed from the kitchen.

I slowly made my way over to my body and touched it. I was dead. My Father came up behind me and slit my throat. He killed me.

I awoke on my bed, my Mother was putting a warm washcloth on my head.
“Are you alright now sweetie?”
“What happened?”
“You were having a nightmare, that’s all,” she told me, “Now get some rest.”

I laid back down and it started all over again, my awful nightmare.