Rushing, Rushing Through the Forest | Teen Ink

Rushing, Rushing Through the Forest

By Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other
Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other

"If you're unwilling to be aware of the darkness, you cannot see the light."

I’m rushing, rushing through the forest. An endless eternity of Evergreens looming all around me. In between the leaves, an occasional beam of light penetrates the dark, cold, unmerciful, enveloping fog. Below me, my foot hooks on to a root. I’m falling. I get rewarded with a mouth full of dirt. It’s wet and soggy from rain. My heart is beating fast. I’m up again, stumbling to my feet. Adrenalin running through my veins. I quickly hide behind a tree to catch my breath. I’m panting. My chest is rising, falling, rising, falling, rapidly. My shirt is full of perspiration. It all started a few seconds ago, I was walking through the forest when I heard a bang. A bullet shot straight into the air. I could tell by the sound, it was only about a mile away. Then, I lost control. I don’t know why, I don’t know when, I’m not even sure what I did. All I remember is next thing I know I’m rushing, rushing through the forest. An endless eternity of Evergreens looming all around me. In between the leaves, an occasional beam of light penetrates the dark, cold, unmerciful, enveloping fog. I’m falling. I get rewarded with a mouth full of dirt. It’s wet and soggy from rain. My heart is beating fast. I’m up again, stumbling to my feet. Adrenalin running through my veins. I quickly hide behind a tree to catch my breath. I’m panting. My chest is rising, falling, rising, falling, rapidly. I look around to notice a with satisfaction. This is the place I was looking for. What I mistook as a root, was really a nob to a trap door, how cleverly built, I think to myself. The solution came to me like a flash of lightning, to escape this mysterious somebody or somebodies, I would enter the hole in the ground and close the trap door behind me. It was the best, and only plan I had. Then, I would wait. Wait, and hope for the best. I carried out my short plan well, and in good time. Now, I’m here. What next?

Domino :D said...
pretty awesome! :D

Fran333 PLATINUM, Santa Ana, Other

What do you think about this little scene? Do you like it? Do you have any suggestions? Leave a comment below.