The Girl in White | Teen Ink

The Girl in White

November 19, 2011
By Jayha BRONZE, Byron, Minnesota
Jayha BRONZE, Byron, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return."
-Unknown


The snow was falling heavier than normal on the night of my death. The moon shone right above my small cottage in Wisconsin. Thinking back on it, I think that I would still be alive if it wasn't snowing that night.
On that particular night, I was sitting alone watching my small, static, television in my Lazy Boy wrapped up in a blanket. My heat had gone out a day or two before that, due to the constant snowing that week. Suddenly, the television and all of the lights in the cottage went out. "S***." I said quietly to myself as I turned to my left and pulled a flashlight out of my light stand drawer. Turning that light on, I slowly started to make to make my way over to the only door in the cottage that lead outside, and put on my heavy snow boots, and thick winter jacket.
Stepping outside onto the soft, fluffy, white snow, I made my way across the yard to my electricity pole. Shining the light up the pole and onto the wires, I saw that they had snapped because of the weight of the snow. I looked up into the sky at the full moon. I watched a large, puffy cloud creep across it like a cat in an alley.
I began walking back to my cottage when I heard a faint noise coming from the woods not twenty feet away from me. It might be a hurt animal, my mind kept telling me. Having nothing better to do, I decided to check out what was making the noise. Walking closer, it sounded like a small cry, and whimper.
Shoving my way past some bushes, I came across a large rock. I walked over to the other side, and there sat a small girl wrapped up with her head bent down to touch her folded legs. She was as skinny as a twig, and had long, messy, blonde hair. "Sweetie!" I exclaimed, "What are you doing out here? It's freezing!" She stopped her sobbing just then, and looked up into my eyes.
She had large, light blue eyes with a red rim around them. It felt like she was starring into my soul, and I couldn't move. I broke out of my trance when she spoke. "Help me." she cried softly. Not knowing what to do, I took off my jacket and held it out to her. She slowly got up and walked over to me.
She stood not five feet from the ground, and was wearing only a small, thin, satin, white dress. She put her arm out, grabbed my coat, and dropped it to the ground. "I'm so cold," she whispered, "hold me." She walked toward me and put her arms up. Responsively, I picked her up and tried to warm her up.
She wrapped her arms around my neck, and laid her head on my shoulder. I walked with her back to my cottage, forgetting about my jacket.
Once inside I laid her on the Lazy Boy and grab a couple blankets. I put them on her, but she kicks them off. "What's wrong? Aren't you cold?" I ask. "I can't feel." she replies quietly. "What are you ta-" that's all I can could say before her eyes turned a deep red, her teeth all became pointed and jagged, her nails grew pointed and long, and she started growling. I was to stunned to move until she jumped out of the chair.
I ran to the door, and sprinted out. It wasn't long before she was before me, and knocked me to the cold ground. She looked into my eyes and smiled. Then, I was above myself; and above her. I watched as she tore my lifeless body limb by limb. When she was satisfied, she turned back into her human form, and walked into the woods, laughing the whole way until I couldn't see her anymore.
The color of my blood on the snow made me come to my senses. I was dead. I am dead. There is only one problem; I can't find this infinite "light". So the only thing I can do is go into the woods, and search for my killer, and hopefully kill her.


The author's comments:
My name is Jayha and I write horror short stories.