Bloodstained Floors | Teen Ink

Bloodstained Floors

By BadGirl GOLD, Dacula, Georgia
BadGirl GOLD, Dacula, Georgia

I'd rather be HATED for who I am
then be LOVED for who I'm not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All I need is for someone to say "I believe in you."

I awoke to the sound of footsteps, creaking up the stairs. Who was it? I slowly got out of bed, trying not to make a sound. I walked to my half open door and peeked an eye out. No one was there, and it everything was quiet. I could have sworn I heard someone walking up the stairs. Maybe it was dad? Something inside me told me that, that wasn't the case. A hole formed in the pit of my stomach. What should I do? What could I do? My breath started to come hard and panicked. I knew I couldn't stay here and wait for the intruder to find me here, alone, in my room. I had to get to my parent's room. I'd be safe there. I slowly opened my door and peeked out again. The halls were empty. I let out a small relived sigh and I began to make my way across the hall to my parent's room. But I stopped short. Alice was in her room, alone, asleep, and unaware of what was happening. I couldn't leave my sister alone to possibly die. I couldn't be the selfish sister that saved her own life knowing that she could have saved her sister, but didn't. I trembled as I walked down the other way. I walked right past my room and stared straight ahead, at Alice's room. The light blue door was slightly open and I was scared of what I might find when I opened it.

I could no longer hear the intruder, as a matter of fact I didn't hear anything. Not a lonely bird perched outside on a tree, not a creak, a scream, or a breath that wasn't my own. When I reached the door I reached a trembling hand out
and pushed open the blue door. I took a step inside. Out of the blackness a tall dark figure appeared. The dark figure raised an arm and I saw something glisten in the moonlight. A knife. I scream and run down the hallway toward my parent's room. Toward safety. That was my only hope. Dad had a riffle hidden in his closet. I needed to scream loud enough for him to hear me.

"Dad!" I called.

I stumbled down the hallway. Had the man killed Alice? I asked myself the same question until I heard running footsteps. The intruder was trying to catch up to me. I had to get to mom and dad's room. I had to at least worn them.

"Dad!" I called once more before pushing their bedroom door open. It was pitch black and there was no sign of movement. Of life.
I stumbled toward their bed when I stepped in something wet. I look down and cry out in horror. Pools of blood were surrounding their bed. I scream again when I see a figure in the doorway. I had nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. I was trapped. I was going to die. The figure takes a step toward me, and I stay put knowing there was nothing I could do but face my fate.
The last thing I saw was the man's cold stone evil face.
The last thing I thought was; I want to live!
And the last thing I felt was a cold knife sinking into my heart.